Bluetooth stopped working - 16 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dino615

Reaction score
A few weeks ago all of a sudden people on the other end of my calls said they couldn't hear me, only loud noises. I thought maybe the mic was going out in my truck. Then this weekend I started having issues connecting my phone via bluetooth even for music. I unpaired my phone and deleted it from the setting. Now my phone does not even find the bluetooth at all. I can no longer connect to my truck at all. Is the bluetooth part of the radio or a separate module? Any idea how to reset the infortainment system? A reboot, not necessarily a reset. Or do I need to do a factory reset?

Thank you!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago all of a sudden people on the other end of my calls said they couldn't hear me, only loud noises. I thought maybe the mic was going out in my truck. Then this weekend I started having issues connecting my phone via bluetooth even for music. I unpaired my phone and deleted it from the setting. Now my phone does not even find the bluetooth at all. I can no longer connect to my truck at all. Is the bluetooth part of the radio or a separate module? Any idea how to reset the infortainment system? A reboot, not necessarily a reset. Or do I need to do a factory reset?

Thank you!
try another device first to be sure, it's more likely for the bt to fail on the phone rather than the vehicle.

OP
OP
D

Dino615

Reaction score
Did you reboot your phone and then retest?
Yes. And this may or may not be related, but now all of a sudden my memory when I get in the car is not working. The steering wheel is not dropping into place when I get in. It's going up when I get out, but not down when I get back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doctoriz