Body Control Module programming?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forcer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have anyone heard of programming the body control module on 2021+ GMs? No matter DIY or at the dealer, I havent heard of any option. Wanna install power folding mirrors on 2021 Z71 and it feels way more tricky than I expected, a lot of different harness and at the end of the day I assume it would require BCM reprogramming to enable the feature

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have anyone heard of programming the body control module on 2021+ GMs? No matter DIY or at the dealer, I havent heard of any option. Wanna install power folding mirrors on 2021 Z71 and it feels way more tricky than I expected, a lot of different harness and at the end of the day I assume it would require BCM reprogramming to enable the feature
just need a decent laptop, wifi, and a pass-thru device like a mdi2 clone or others
then you pay the $45 to acdelco tds (this gives you a 2 year "slot" of programming per vin), download the techline software, then once you have the software installed you call techline and request a VCI calibration number to add your upgraded mirrors, presuming the initial flash doesn't automatically enable the mirrors.
hardest part is getting the software installed it might a while you have to be sure everything runs in admin mode including the browser.
they used to have tech2win, sps, gds2 seperate now they combined it all into one platform so you have to get all of it installed for it to work right.
the $45 is only to flash modules.

OP
OP
F

Forcer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just need a decent laptop, wifi, and a pass-thru device like a mdi2 clone or others
then you pay the $45 to acdelco tds (this gives you a 2 year "slot" of programming per vin), download the techline software, then once you have the software installed you call techline and request a VCI calibration number to add your upgraded mirrors, presuming the initial flash doesn't automatically enable the mirrors.
hardest part is getting the software installed it might a while you have to be sure everything runs in admin mode including the browser.
they used to have tech2win, sps, gds2 seperate now they combined it all into one platform so you have to get all of it installed for it to work right.
the $45 is only to flash modules.
wow, thanks for the elaborate answer! Do you know anyone actually done that on 2021+ units? Coz I've heard on some silverado forums that its not deciphered yet

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, thanks for the elaborate answer! Do you know anyone actually done that on 2021+ units? Coz I've heard on some silverado forums that its not deciphered yet
acdelco tds and techline are oem functions, nothing to decipher to program a new oem module, if you were trying to unlock a speed limiter or something that is entirely different.
techline is the same thing the dealer uses if you took it to them, you just need a laptop and the pass-thru device and pay the $45
It will require some investment on your part but then you have 2 years of unlimited programming for that vin, then if you want to do more after the 2 years you just buy another 2 years. If it is just a one time thing you want to do then it may be cheaper to just have the dealer program it.
if you have multiple gm vehicles then you can use the same tool for them you just pay the $45 per vin.
in most cases it may not be worth it like I said if it's a one and done type deal

OP
OP
F

Forcer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
acdelco tds and techline are oem functions, nothing to decipher to program a new oem module, if you were trying to unlock a speed limiter or something that is entirely different.
techline is the same thing the dealer uses if you took it to them, you just need a laptop and the pass-thru device and pay the $45
It will require some investment on your part but then you have 2 years of unlimited programming for that vin, then if you want to do more after the 2 years you just buy another 2 years. If it is just a one time thing you want to do then it may be cheaper to just have the dealer program it.
if you have multiple gm vehicles then you can use the same tool for them you just pay the $45 per vin.
in most cases it may not be worth it like I said if it's a one and done type deal
Ok gotcha, thanks a lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavouk