Border Patrol bumper mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love that skid plate setup! Looks like it got some use too. Help slide over some obstacles..?

Thanks for the pics/update @Ilikemtb999

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is very old but I used to own a BP Tahoe with this style skid plate.

Here are some pics I have. Might have more. It went from the backside of the bumper support to the frame underneath and had aluminum plate screwed to that.

It also had a strap to keep the hood open a few inches with crazy stiff hood struts, had a 2” lift block up front and 2” lift springs out back from a company called Baja designs (I think, I have the springs still I can look if someone cares). They were in Cali and did up fitting for BP
Strap to keep the hood open? Do you have any pics of that?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find a skid plate / bumper styled like that?
those skid plates were made by some company in so-cal that does stuff for the border patrol
if you want plates like that you will have to have them made, actually wouldn't be all that hard, you could measure and use cardboard to make a layout and have a machine shop cut them out of aluminum plate, it's going to set you back a few buck's unless you "know someone"

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those skid plates were made by some company in so-cal that does stuff for the border patrol
if you want plates like that you will have to have them made, actually wouldn't be all that hard, you could measure and use cardboard to make a layout and have a machine shop cut them out of aluminum plate, it's going to set you back a few buck's unless you "know someone"
Also looks like there is a tube frame, doubled up in front and with little side stubs to reinforce the brackets that connect the different plates..
Might try and make one with square tube someday..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also looks like there is a tube frame, doubled up in front and with little side stubs to reinforce the brackets that connect the different plates..
Might try and make one with square tube someday..
I haven't seen one up that close or in person, but you could make something that fits in the frame slots where the tow hooks usually go
sometimes I wish I had a workshop and a welder and bending/cutting machine, I could make all kinds of goodies lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts