Borla XS to SLP Resonator Delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Market

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my muffler to a Borla XS including a SLP Resonator Delete. Question I have is does the SLP Resonator Delete extend all the way back to the Borla muffler or will my muffler shop need to weld in a pipe extension between the two?

Also I got two quotes for installing the muffler and SLP...Both were around $150. Does this sound high to those who have had it done? Seems like I've seen much lower install prices on various posts...

Lastly - thinking about doing a flat black ceramic coating on the SLP Resonator Delete. Has anyone done this or simply spray painted them? Want to go black versus the stainless.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The res delete just replaces the stock resonator in the back and does not extend back to the muffler. when I originally did mine I put in the SLP unit and then had a muffler shop weld in a Magnaflow muffler for me.

OP
OP
Black Market

Black Market

Reaction score
Much appreciated 07Burb! I had my ride up on a lift and the muffler sits much further forward than I expected. I would think it shouldn't be too hard for a muffler shop to fill the gap between the two or do they reuse the stock piping?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My shop just used the stock piping but it should be easy for the shop to do whatever you'd like :)

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my muffler to a Borla XS including a SLP Resonator Delete. Question I have is does the SLP Resonator Delete extend all the way back to the Borla muffler or will my muffler shop need to weld in a pipe extension between the two?

Also I got two quotes for installing the muffler and SLP...Both were around $150. Does this sound high to those who have had it done? Seems like I've seen much lower install prices on various posts...

Lastly - thinking about doing a flat black ceramic coating on the SLP Resonator Delete. Has anyone done this or simply spray painted them? Want to go black versus the stainless.

This is my EXACT set up!!! I just replaced the muffler with the stock one and kept the stock piping!!! I installed the SLP myself so I just paid $40 for them to replace the muffler!!! I also used high temp spray for the coating of the SLP!!!

Youʻre gonna love the sound in a few months!!! Loud but not raspy... Little to no drone.. And quieter when cruising!!!

ENJOY!!!

:win:

OP
OP
Black Market

Black Market

Reaction score
This is my EXACT set up!!! I just replaced the muffler with the stock one and kept the stock piping!!! I installed the SLP myself so I just paid $40 for them to replace the muffler!!! I also used high temp spray for the coating of the SLP!!!

Youʻre gonna love the sound in a few months!!! Loud but not raspy... Little to no drone.. And quieter when cruising!!!

ENJOY!!!

:win:

Very cool...I reviewed a ton of posts here about exhaust setups and this one seems popular. Cheaper than doing a full borla cat back setup too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320