Brake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flynfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2024 Yukon XL. It feels the same as one I test drove where the brakes are squishy feeling. Is this just normal for the vehicle? Do they just need more break in or will it always be squishy?

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How old was your last vehicle ? Newer vehicles sometimes weird because of the fancy gadgets

mkcotton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2024 Yukon XL. It feels the same as one I test drove where the brakes are squishy feeling. Is this just normal for the vehicle? Do they just need more break in or will it always be squishy?
Give it 200-400 miles (duration will depend on the type of driving), they will break in and feel fine.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that when we went from the 2017 Terrain to the 19 Tahoe the brakes weren't nearly as strong. I assumed it was the added weight but there was sure a drop off in the stopping power and brake feel. Once I got used to it and allowed a bit more room ahead it feels fine now.

OP
OP
F

flynfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed that when we went from the 2017 Terrain to the 19 Tahoe the brakes weren't nearly as strong. I assumed it was the added weight but there was sure a drop off in the stopping power and brake feel. Once I got used to it and allowed a bit more room ahead it feels fine now.
Yea that’s how I feel, have to give a lot more room than I’m used to because stopping power is so weak

mkcotton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you might try requesting a brake flush even if you have to pay for it, if that doesn't work then swtich to better pads.
gm;s is always cheaping out every chance they get//
I agree, brakes are the biggest compliant I have with GM. I put big brakes on everyone I've owned. This last purchase received big brakes within a 1000 miles. However, the 4 piston fixed calipers (23/24) were a big improvement over my 17 floating 2 piston calipers. But the same could be said about the exhaust, sway bars, etc... It is why I went with the standard Denali opposed to the ultimate... gave me room to make it mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabastian458