Brake Upgrade. Whats best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brakes have always been a problem on my tahoe. I drive aggressively. Is there a big brake conversion for the 98's? Everything I've seen is for the 2k's and newer. I'm running slotted and crossed drilled rotors up front w ceramic pads and stainless lines. They stop better than stock but, could be better. I still have the drum brakes on the rear.

look at Baer?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keep in mind that a big brake conversion may also require a bigger wheel to clear everything. Another option is drive slower?

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most of the big brake kits i've seen require 18's to clear the new rotors.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

hey does the ABS light stay on when you pull the underhood fuse? i'm sick of seeing that damn thing.

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang, was hoping it would get rid of the light.

when i finally have time and money to buy/work on the hoe i'll get it tuned and it'll fix the ABS as well. no more light

that or tear it all out and go to the hydroboost conversion. haha

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just go to Orielly and they will have anything that you need.... I know the manager at the one in Martinsville and can get you a discount if you want to come up this way.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate