Brake upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonio757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe with stock brakes, rotors, and calipers. Outside of the stainless steel braided brake line what else can I do to upgrade my braking system?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe with stock brakes, rotors, and calipers. Outside of the stainless steel braided brake line what else can I do to upgrade my braking system?
I was just discussing this with my co worker.
Hydro boost master cylinder swap if you want to take away the spongy brake pedal
07-18 rotors and calipers/pads are bigger then the 99-06 and is a direct bolt on replacement but you need 17” wheels to clear unless you run wheel spacers.
Stainless lines like you already stated helps as well.
I got the powerstop and the Callahan drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads and I’m happy with them

OP
OP
A

Antonio757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was just discussing this with my co worker.
Hydro boost master cylinder swap if you want to take away the spongy brake pedal
07-18 rotors and calipers/pads are bigger then the 99-06 and is a direct bolt on replacement but you need 17” wheels to clear unless you run wheel spacers.
Stainless lines like you already stated helps as well.
I got the powerstop and the Callahan drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads and I’m happy with them
Thanks I appreciate the help!!

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a 2007 up master cylinder work on the 06 and older?
Although I canNOT definitively answer this question, I'd bet money that it depends on which GMT900 Master Cylinder is chosen, as there are several to choose from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfred Simmons