Bull Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chopper269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with Sheriff that there is a new breed of guys out on the street and their lack of knowledge will get them jammed up and take down senior guys with them. Some are on a mission from the day they get out of the academy. Their the guys that don't write warnings, just tickets. Don't bother trying to give a reason or excuse of why you failed to signal while changing lanes. It doesn't matter. Your wrong, end of story. And if your a cop and get pulled over by them, then be prepared for a speech of how your not above the law and other BS. Fortunately not all cops are like that though, unfortunatley they are on the job at a time where everyone and their mother has a camera/video phone and Youtube is their biggest enemy. They have to cover their ass almost everyday to justify the actions they take. The biggest thing people need to do when they are pulled over for something is give the officer respect. No matter how mad you are, or how mad they make you. Respect will go a long way. It could be the difference from getting a speeding ticket to just getting a warning for it.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Sheriff that there is a new breed of guys out on the street and their lack of knowledge will get them jammed up and take down senior guys with them. Some are on a mission from the day they get out of the academy.

Correct. They grew up watching COPS TV and have picked up some pretty bad habits.

The biggest thing people need to do when they are pulled over for something is give the officer respect. No matter how mad you are, or how mad they make you. Respect will go a long way. It could be the difference from getting a speeding ticket to just getting a warning for it.

Its hard to show respect though, especially when these new rookies jerk you out of the car and search it without cause and without your permission. I just don't know what some of these police academies are teaching the rookies nowadays. I do know that during one of the last "in-service" classes I attended..... they taught us it's perfectly OK to lie in court and while under oath to tell the truth. They told us to answer with "I do not recall" if the answer might be detrimental to the commonwealth's case. I got in a lot of trouble when I approached the academy director and complained about this being taught. The director had called my sheriff before I got back home, and my sheriff told me to shut up and go with the flow. I told him I would not lie in court, that made him twice as mad.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm we could go on and on about this new breed of cops. It's not a new way of doing things especially when back in the day you could whoop on some dude and send him on his way. That doesn't happen as frequent.

Any cop worth a Damn knows if it was on cops the tv show it was done wrong.

Fourth amendment has only gotten more restrictive not the other way around.

Sure there are more people who want to play cop and write tickets all day with no discretion but in my experience we know who those guys are .

There were bad cops back in the day who didn't know jack about law just like some of these "new breed" with the way everything in technology has changed with digital recorders on interviews its highly unlikely you will hear more " I don't recall" when the conversation has been recorded.

Honestly these fews sound more like an extremist defense attorney than a cop. ( not that defense attorney's do anything wrong) everyone has a job to do. It's just how well you choose to learn it.

sent from my thunderbolt

chopper269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its hard to show respect though, especially when these new rookies jerk you out of the car and search it without cause and without your permission.

Well I guess that would be an exception to the rule. This didn't happen to you did it?

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... its highly unlikely you will hear more " I don't recall" when the conversation has been recorded....

Not true. Especially if the cops hold the recordings. They will either be lost or accidentally destroyed when a subpoena is issued for them. I know what I am talking about..... back in 1997, I (a sworn deputy sheriff), issued a subpoena for 911 tapes which would show a rookie and his sergeant were lying. My attorney told me I would never recover or hear the tapes. She was right. I got a certified letter from the director of the 911 center stating the tapes had been accidentally destroyed.

We then found a 911 employee who would testify under oath that he was assigned the task of cutting the tapes into pieces no longer than 1 inch. Why the county felt they could do this and get by with it is beyond comprehension. I eventually filed a lawsuit in all this mess because the rookie and sergeant were trying to LIE on me. End result, the lawsuits were settled out of court, and the sergeant was later fired after 22 years on the job. The rookie was taken out of patrol and given trivial in-house tasks to perform. They made mistakes, they got caught lying about it, and the county couldn't go forward in the lawsuit against them because we found the 911 employee they thought we would never find. A good investigation found the 911 employee, he had no idea why the county had ordered him to destroy the tapes and he had no reason to lie to us about it. The county also forgot to tell him to cover up, lie, and deny cutting the tapes up.

If they would do this to one of their own, what are they capable of doing to an ordinary citizen?

I guess all of this could be considered off topic, and we are getting off topic more or less..... but on the other hand we are talking Tahoes that take on the appearance of a police vehicle. And it's the primary reason I would not put a bull bar or push bar on my Tahoe.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Well I guess that would be an exception to the rule. This didn't happen to you did it?

Absolutely. I was a sworn deputy sheriff at the time, so I therefore knew the search laws better than the rookie involved. I made the rookie's employer pay me large sums of money for his mistake. :)

How did all of this start you might ask? I was driving an unmarked Crown Victoria. He felt I in was his county impersonating a cop. 24 years on the job at ther time, and I couldn't tell this rookie a thing he wanted to believe. Neither could my sheriff. It was liking talking to a brick wall as this guy did his little rookie thing. Yeah, he had watched COPS TV way too much.

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
Imo dealing with numerous police as a vol first responder, there are awesome cops and there are those who have bad days....every day. Technology helps with those who go against the grain, but where all just people. Stuff happens, its life.

I am not for people dressing their trucks up like a cops so they look like one. But if some one has a black tahoe with a bull guard on it, who cares. People think mine looks like a police tahoe because its tan with black wheels. There's a huge gray line with these trucks.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People think mine looks like a police tahoe because its tan with black wheels.

I don't think any tan Tahoe looks like an old police vehicle simply because it has black wheels or a push bar. Police departments basically use white or black Tahoes nationwide.

Lol all this over bull bars and brush guards!? Geesh what a waste of time.

Go to bed 10 minutes earlier tonight. When you get up in the morning, consider the extra 10 minutes of sleep as my paying you back for the waste of your time. :)

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
It's probably just a local thing but in south Texas we have a lot of tan police tahoes. Also between border patrol and half counties in rural areas needing suvs or trucks, they run the scenes Haha. I've seen the most around ft. Sam. It's all personal preference for whatever reason they want the accessory, if it was a problem they wouldn't sell them to the public. Just as they do with warning lights.

robj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i dont like the looks of bull bars. Now push bar on a black Hoe.........I use it on mine for the winter and take it off when i swap wheels for summer.

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

I know its a long shot since this thread is old but can anyone tell me what brand this push bar is ? I can't seem to find it anywhere! Everything I see goes all the way up to the top of the hood! I link to purchase it would be AWESOME !:help:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou