Bull Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cameronda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
danny, i hate to steal your thunder but i may have to get that n fab light bar and those black magics. Thats an unreal look. Do you have HIDS in those?

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like bull bars on some trucks (my Tundra for example has one) but i dont think they look right on these trucks. Just my opinion.

Also, are you anticipating using it for only looks? because u cant use a bull bar for anything other than looks. they are thin, flimsy and weak. but thats why i like em. A few crash reconstruction classes and you will agree with me. adding something big and huge that just transfers crash energy into the frame and cabin instead of letting the crumple zones and energy absorbing zones work they way they are designed is a bad idea.

now, the push bar like posted above? not sure why. maybe if you are a cop it might be something you could look right but really its gonna look just like u bought a used cop car/truck at an auction and it came with it. kinda cheapens the look of it IMO. makes it look...well..you know the people who buy ex cop cars...dope heads.

I agree with you. More and more people are putting this stuff on Tahoes and Dodge Chargers lately.

And it makes all them look like an old auctioned off police vehicle.

chopper269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I travel 100 miles a day round trip for work. I have used my push bar many a time to move people whose cars have broken down out of a lane of traffic on the highway before they ended up as a statistic. I thinks it's funny that some people think you want to pretend to be a cop just by putting a push bar and black wheels on your truck.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thinks it's funny that some people think you want to pretend to be a cop just by putting a push bar and black wheels on your truck.

I didn't say that. I said the things make cars and trucks look like old auctioned off police vehicles. I wouldn't want people thinking I am driving an old auctioned off police vehicle with 150,000 miles on it.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Who cares what people think. You like it get it. I got mine for a purpose, winter months. So what if I look, like a cop. Those cragar are a steal at 300 shipped. Of course take the push bar off in the summer when I put the summer wheels on.

chopper269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't say that. I said the things make cars and trucks look like old auctioned off police vehicles. I wouldn't want people thinking I am driving an old auctioned off police vehicle with 150,000 miles on it.

Wasn't refering to you Sheriff. There are others on this forum that think that. I'm in the same boat as sumo, I like look and the bar has served it's purpose more than once. I like the blacked out or murdered look even though my truck is blue. Did it on my Ram before I got the burb. The bull bar held up well, but not as strong as a push bar.

Attachments

• dodge ram.jpg
    dodge ram.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 31

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who cares what people think. You like it, get it.

Well, if we really need to get into this conversation in fine detail, you should care. This is 2011, and trust me, we now live in a society where you are guilty until you prove your innocence. Combined with the fact you no longer have any constitutional rights out on the street.

Let's say your area suddenly has reports of a newer looking dark colored Tahoe with a push bar on it pulling people over and impersonating a cop. The cops now have a self perceived "probable cause" to stop you if you have a dark colored Tahoe with a push bar on it. You're going to be stopped. You're going to be taken out of your vehicle and handcuffed. Your vehicle is going to be searched, with or without your consent. God help you if you have weapons in your vehicle, that's all people need to hear to think you are indeed a police impersoantor. And God help you if you collect police memorabilia and happen to have any of it in your vehicle. And if you or your wife/girlfriend leave your favorite toy in your Tahoe (handcuffs), pack your toothbrush and enter a plea of guilty. The cops will show the victims a picture of your Tahoe. "Yes officer, that is the vehicle that stopped me!" A photo lineup will not be properly conducted as the cops show the victim a picture of you. "Yes officer, that is the man who stopped me!"

Eyewitness identification is almost next to useless now. But even so, from this point on, you're fighting an uphill battle to prove you were NOT the person who stopped these victims of the police impersonator.

I was a deputy sheriff for 30 years. Myself and any other veteran cops out here will tell you that I speak the truth above. There's a new breed of rookie out here on the streets now. And us veteran officers do not like it one bit. This new breed of rookie thinks they know how to connect the dots, but all they do is jump to false conclusions in the end. They get good seasoned veteran officers sued right along with themselves. And most of these false arrest lawsuits are based on every constitutional right a person has being tossed out the window as soon as the blue lights go on.

Having said all of the above, never assume I have given you the worst case scenario, I haven't.

Last edited:

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the above poster I'm not sure that can be said as a general way that investigation would be conducted. Actually if most of that happened it would be considered a very crappy one. I don't think it would be fair to say this is what would happen because a case like that wouldn't make it in court where I'm from.

Tainting the victim with a horrible photoline up as you stated would be leading and never make it into a court.

True bad police work makes case law but to say all these young guys are getting vets sued. False.

Not trying to cause an argument but we don't need people running around scared their property will be ***** when ever red and blues come on.

Just my experience.

sent from my thunderbolt

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
That sounds like you've watched too many movies. There is no law stating how you can make your car look. As long as it compliant to your state laws you be ok. So i may get stopped but i doubt it gonna be because of the push bar and black wheels alone. Besides if they really dont want cars to look like a Police car, Then why do they sell them to the public like that? Ive seen cars that have the faded Logos on the doors, fenders, trunk and hoods. Shoot the other day ive seen a older Crown Vic that still had Police Interceptor badge on the trunk. A lot of the time the reason a police officer get lippy with the person that got pulled over is because the person that got pulled over was hostile 1st. Bottom Line. Like i said. You like it go for it.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup here in az as long as you don't have red and blue you can have the rims push bars all of it. No body will be yanking you out and searching anything

sent from my thunderbolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou