Cabin air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if an nbs04 tahoe has a cabin air filter... i couldnt find one behind the glove box, or underneath passenger, plastic floor cover.
Some threads suggest GM stop supplying them due to a change in the HVAC new configuration. wondering if anyone knows anything , supposedly there were discontinued on early 2004 or late 03 hoes.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine smells funny as well once in a while, but it seems to depend on how hot it is and the humidity. I think moisture builds up in the ducts and when the ac is turned on it smells.

just a guess

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
03 and up they did away with the cabin air filters. Different AC set up..

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03 and up they did away with the cabin air filters. Different AC set up..

THANKS Id figure that would be the case.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

mine smells funny as well once in a while, but it seems to depend on how hot it is and the humidity. I think moisture builds up in the ducts and when the ac is turned on it smells.

just a guess

i guess so. i did read a thread that u can spray a deodorized spray into the vents to remove some of that funk. and or use a spray containing biocide, which can control any mold forming around the vents and ducts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83