Cabin shelf over windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE to have an overhead storage shelf. Kind of like a semi truck cab has. I'd run power up to it and plug in cell phones, chargers, as well as have a place to put my CB radio. I see 4 Wheel Parts references one that says it fits but their pictures are from a completely different vehicle? Anybody ever had or seen an overhead storage shelf similar to one in the picture on a 2nd gen Tahoe?

1653854672676.png

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE to have an overhead storage shelf. Kind of like a semi truck cab has. I'd run power up to it and plug in cell phones, chargers, as well as have a place to put my CB radio. I see 4 Wheel Parts references one that says it fits but their pictures are from a completely different vehicle? Anybody ever had or seen an overhead storage shelf similar to one in the picture on a 2nd gen Tahoe?

View attachment 371493

I'm interested too. I had one in an 80's Burb. Think I got it from either JCW or LMC. Didn't think they still made them. Thought they disappeared like the old school deflectors and roof visors. I'd kill for a Moonvisor for the Hoe.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@89Suburban dang! I see you have 340k on your machine in your signature. That's awesome! What repairs have you had to do?

Thanks. I got with from the original owner with 290K on the clock with original motor, rebuilt trans and junkyard rear axle. All highway vehicle routinely serviced. Dash cluster was replaced.

Short list since I got it:

Range AFM device
new valley pan with related parts/gaskets
Rear axle rebuild
SLP exhaust
front ball joints 3 of 4 and one cv axle
updated valve cover
Throttle body
d/s window regulator
d/s door lock switch
all 4 door lock actuators
rear wiper delete
push bar
stock style headlights and taillights
vent visors
5% tint on rear 5 glass
oil catch can
front hub bearings
HVAC control panel
rear camera
dash cam
and all your regular routine/preventive maintenance tinkering

Things making my butt pucker:

Front rack is leaking
engine oil leak at pan or rear main/front cover seal I think a lot of that is blow-by pushing oil out of high mileage gaskets/seals.)
Engine is def tired, waiting for that hammer to drop
Oil drain plug is stripped
Could use a new radiator and heater tee fittings
I'm sure the heater core is original

Wants:
2/4 drop would be so awesome
PPV style wheels with the chrome center caps, they are so beater looking
cabin filter mod
freshen up AC system, have a slow leak I think, she struggles over 85*/humidity

Out of reach death wishes:

replace motor and rebuild trans/transfer/front axle $$$$$$$

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, I have a 2001 with 250k+ miles Mine is a project though. pretty well rebuilding everything. Well on way to finishing, only to realize I have a tired old interior with dried out plastic crap haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19