Cant align truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viv1d

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So before I put my new rims and tires on I checked to see if my truck was level in the front (truck was aligned then). Well i noticed the passenger side was 1" lower so i cranked the torsion keys to match driver(ebay lift keys). This was all done on level ground. Well i noticed my truck would pull hard left after i did it, which i thought no big deal since i was getting it aligned after new wheels and tires. Well i brought it in yesterday and they said there was absolutely no way to get my steering straight, i even seen them go drive my truck on the road 3 times. What do i need to do? I feel as if one side is cranked all the way(driver) and the other side is cranked pretty far down but i feel as if i am close to maxxing my keys.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
It's normal to have the gm lean. My driver key was almost maxed out but passenger was half. Doesn't matter as long as the truck is level now. For alignment sounds like the tie rods need major adjustment. It can be tight to align it when uppers are maxed near droop stops. Got any pics?

OP
OP
viv1d

viv1d

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can get some later on, but yeah I will definately look into adjusting my tie roads. So this wouldnt have anything to do with my torsion keys?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Tie rod just turns tire in or out from back side. It is what turns the wheel side to side. The upper arm has all the camber and caster adjustments. Usually caster is harder to get then camber when cranking keys. Nothing hard just more experienced alignment shop on GMs. Before you take it to get aligned measure all fenders to make sure it's level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayRay86