Can't decide between a LTZ and and Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

customlll

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the heads up display? I have Yukon brochure, but nothing in it. I also can't find anything online.

M26 Pershing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Denali is my choice, ( waiting to order). It is very close to the Escalade, not as flashy, and less money, in my mind good things. The LTZ is nice, but no 6.2, no Denali grill,no configurable dash cluster, etc. In the end it is your choice and your money buy what you like!

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course I'm partial to the LTZ but if you truly don't need the 6.2 then you can save a few thousand on the LTZ (with nearly all the same features - minus the heads up and the digital DIC) and spend that money on upgrading wheels or other mods.

I personally spent about as much on my LTZ as most Denali's are going for but added wheels, power running boards, etc. that meant more to me than the 6.2. If you are daily driving in city traffic and don't do a lot of towing you have to wonder if the 6.2 is necessary. Of course this is all personal preference and you'll have to ask yourself what is most important to you and quite honestly what truck looks best to you. Good luck and post pics once you've secured one!

cfoote

Reaction score
Denali all the way

Unless you're in a financial bind, go with the Denali. I was looking at the LTZ and Denali at the same time and could not choose the LTZ after checking out the Denali. The few thousand dollars is well worth it in my opinion. I do not need the 6.2 but when I need to get out and go it lives up to the hype compared to the LTZ where it's a dog. The magnetic ride control on the Denali is a must have.Again if money isn't the issue then go with the Denali regardless of what you need and don't need. It's better in many categories. If money is the issue go with the LTZ. I thoroughly evaluated both when making my decision. Money was an issue with me but the Denali was so much better that I had to make it my choice. I would have regretted going with the LTZ even though it is a great vehicle.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the magnetic ride, I thought it was a closer comparison of the LTZ to the SLT. Same engine, same interior features. We picked up our loaded Yukon SLT cheaper than an LTZ.

Chaz8Mealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the Tahoe, it has a more aggressive look to it, especially the front end. I wouldn't stress about the wheels, you can change them at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the heads up display? I have Yukon brochure, but nothing in it. I also can't find anything online.

What do you want to know about it? Mine has it. Pretty nice feature.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would choose the Denali over the LTZ. I've seen a few in person and that front end on the tahoe ruins the whole thing. The yukon front end is better.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 is awesome. Takes off for a big SUV..Go with the Big D

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I posted before, I am waiting for a new Denali that isn't even scheduled to be built yet. Last week, my dealer called me to see if I were interested in taking an almost identical LTZ that was being unloaded as we spoke. The answer was no way.

The Denali will be my wife's ride, replacing her current 5.3l Tahoe. We take her truck when we travel. I can't tell you how disappointing the 5.3l is IMO. It's fine on the flat land, but endlessly shifting out of OD on the hills. Personally, I would rather wait into the fall for the right engine than take another underpowered Tahoe today.
JMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badsapi4305