Chevrolet Suburban 3500 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect it does because there is lots of slip in the shifts. It's built to be armored and carry around dignitaries who would likely be quite cross if a harsh shift caused them to spill their Scotch while fleeing enraged proletariat.

Late to the party here, on vacation the last two weeks...

I have no proof other than the facts/circumstances of my situation....I bought my 2008 in 2013 with 106k miles. Almost immediately I got a Blackbear tune, and among other things, they tuned out a whole bunch of Torque Management (aka making shifts smoother at the expense of durability of clutches). I am absolutely convinced that is one of the main reasons why my 6L90 is still functioning perfectly after 260k miles and a metric shit-ton of abuse.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late to the party here, on vacation the last two weeks...

I have no proof other than the facts/circumstances of my situation....I bought my 2008 in 2013 with 106k miles. Almost immediately I got a Blackbear tune, and among other things, they tuned out a whole bunch of Torque Management (aka making shifts smoother at the expense of durability of clutches). I am absolutely convinced that is one of the main reasons why my 6L90 is still functioning perfectly after 260k miles and a metric shit-ton of abuse.
Great testimony, thank you. Validates my plan.

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Quick follow-up to the Rancho shocks: the replacements came in and did not expand like the previous set or the rear shocks. Called Rancho and there are in-fact different shock builds within the same line-up so the front shocks do not rebound by themselves like the rears so I returned perfectly good shocks…

I guess I really should keep my day job and not do this online forum gig full time lol.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick follow-up to the Rancho shocks: the replacements came in and did not expand like the previous set or the rear shocks. Called Rancho and there are in-fact different shock builds within the same line-up so the front shocks do not rebound by themselves like the rears so I returned perfectly good shocks…

I guess I really should keep my day job and not do this online forum gig full time lol.
Well, thanks for the update and the new, hard-won knowledge. Can't wait to hear how they ride for you.

I'm feeling torn. My factory shocks only have 19K on them now so it's hard to justify replacing them for a few years yet, based on condition. But if the ride really is that much better, I may just make it an upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JBeastquogue