Chirp sound from exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my Denali XL to Colorado (2000+ miles round trip) and when I accelerated while the truck was in motion (15mph +) and very distinct and loud chirp/squeak sound came from the exhaust. I took it in and they said they knew what it was from GM and they would have to order the entire exhaust - which was the length of the truck and would have it delivered by train because of it's size. A week later it came in and they replaced the entire exhaust. One week later it is doing the exact same thing but louder. Anyone had this issue?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer and GM has changed the exhaust system for the 2015 Denali/Escalade with a new part number. When they are available they will replace the exhaust with the updated unit.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of exhausts to change. Is it cat-back, header-back, something else?

SVL

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the cylinder deactivation "valve" that is on the exhaust - it opens/closes when switching between V4 and V8 modes to avoid droning in V4 mode - mine squeeks everytime and is getting louder as time goes by. Someone else on this forum posted a home fix.

OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVL - that us exactly what it is. The Dealer called and the first run of the new exhaust should be available for shipment toward the 30th of January.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget the above post. There presently is no fix for this issue and when the fix will come is unknown. Had an appointment to fix this and other problems, but now the dealer is telling me that this "new" exhaust that they were going to put in next week still does not in fact exist.

OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you clip the flap open with the 6.2 it is waaay too loud to drive, and the engine does respond anywhere near the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jburke1