Clicking noise and dead battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woke up to a dead battery today. I was able to open the doors with the remote with what little power was left. I keep hearing a clicking sound from somewhere in the dash it seems. Wondering if my aftermarket auto start was malfunctioning, but I doubt that's it. Anyone suggest where to start looking? (Luckily I have a boost pack and was able to jump it).
Thanks

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woke up to a dead battery today. I was able to open the doors with the remote with what little power was left. I keep hearing a clicking sound from somewhere in the dash it seems. Wondering if my aftermarket auto start was malfunctioning, but I doubt that's it. Anyone suggest where to start looking? (Luckily I have a boost pack and was able to jump it).
Thanks

Well, how old was your battery? If it is indeed toast, you may hear a clicking sound of the starter trying to turn but not having enough juice in order for that to happen.

Put a new battery in and most likely the issue will be resolved.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me clarify: the clicking occurred when I wasn't trying to start it. It is more of an electrical click sound

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it out. It was the switches (window and door lock) panel in the interior door panel, I pulled it out and re-seated each electrical connector. What tipped me off, was that my radio stopped cutting off when I cut the ignition and opened my driver door.

sharonvrla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured it out. It was the switches (window and door lock) panel in the interior door panel, I pulled it out and re-seated each electrical connector. What tipped me off, was that my radio stopped cutting off when I cut the ignition and opened my driver door.
Awesome. Im having the same issue I think...but the clicking happens intermittently when the car is off and it also sounds like its coming from under the dash close to the door. My radio also doesnt shut off when removing the key from the truck. Have a new switch coming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJSparky77