Climate control swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Here is my actual A/C controls:
tahoeradio.jpg

Can I change it for this one :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Celsius...&fits=Model:Tahoe&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e67cb0d2f

Or, better, that one? :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ES...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415e906661

Thanks.

Last edited:

downs23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same control in my sierra p/u, i looked into switching to the auto control like in the escalade/denali and the wiring and hvac housing is different. I have read where it has been done on other forums, by finding a scrap yard vehicle and removing the harness and housing.

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note... Ive never seen that space under the vent filled with switches. Mine and all I have seen are a little compartment for putting small junk. Kinda neat what option or stuff does that control?? Am i seeing fog light indicators?

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, don't the automatic climate controls somehow tie into the little vents on the ceiling that have fans in them to constantly monitor the interior temperature? I don't have the manual controls so I don't even have the little vents on the ceiling, so I doubt it would work right even if you had the harness.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
On a side note... Ive never seen that space under the vent filled with switches. Mine and all I have seen are a little compartment for putting small junk. Kinda neat what option or stuff does that control?? Am i seeing fog light indicators?

Yes, your sight is very accurate.
Lefts are the fog lamps front and rear. Actually the Rear light has been remove after the vehicule was ok for France's laws.

Right is the setting of the headlight level and below it, the LPG gauge and on/off key.

Also, don't the automatic climate controls somehow tie into the little vents on the ceiling that have fans in them to constantly monitor the interior temperature? I don't have the manual controls so I don't even have the little vents on the ceiling, so I doubt it would work right even if you had the harness.
I can't tell. That would have been a nice upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320