Code P0410, Air Injection System failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone else have the check engine light for the P0410 code which is the air injection system? Im hearing its basically just on california models only, just for the emissions? anyone have this problem before? Ive gotta have it fixed soon to pass smog, thanks!

ChazMan

Reaction score
I don't have that problem but I know that it is an Emission system related problem like you said. Fresh air is pumped/mixed into the exhaust system in an attempt to burn up any unburned fuel that may remain in the exhaust gas. But I don't know exaxctly where to look for on this engine. In some older engines, it has a belt driven air pump with output hose directed to the exhaust system...

BIGFOOTDUDE1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else have the check engine light for the P0410 code which is the air injection system? Im hearing its basically just on california models only, just for the emissions? anyone have this problem before? Ive gotta have it fixed soon to pass smog, thanks!
Hello saw ur post about the P0410 code,cause now I've got the same code. It's a 98 Tahoe 5.7L 4WD auto California truck. Just one problem there's no belt driven pump but there is an elect. Compressor where the 2nd battery would go. I've always wondered what that was but never found any one who knew what it was and I've looked at if not hundreds than alot of Tshoes Yukons Suburbans etc and have yet to see another like mine. Was wondering if you had any luck with fixing yours. Thanks for your time. Take care and keep the greasy side down lol Bigfootdude1

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is in factory service manual. Ebay cheap or search for free download.

Attachments

• air07.png
    air07.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 5
  • air08.png
    air08.png
    177 KB · Views: 5

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello saw ur post about the P0410 code,cause now I've got the same code. It's a 98 Tahoe 5.7L 4WD auto California truck. Just one problem there's no belt driven pump but there is an elect. Compressor where the 2nd battery would go. I've always wondered what that was but never found any one who knew what it was and I've looked at if not hundreds than alot of Tshoes Yukons Suburbans etc and have yet to see another like mine. Was wondering if you had any luck with fixing yours. Thanks for your time. Take care and keep the greasy side down lol Bigfootdude1
You do realize that post was 11 years old, right?

BIGFOOTDUDE1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is in factory service manual. Ebay cheap or search for free download.
thanks exp been driving me nuts i knew that was what that unit had to be,but had never seen or heard of one. I'm more old school mechanic lol ok thanks for the help and diagrams now i just need to fix it lol. sorry if i put it in the wrong place but Killer had put his in the general discussion and i followed suit like a good little Lemming lmao. where should i have posted it? OK THANKS for the help i'm sure I'll be back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts