Cold Air Intake tips.(hope this helps)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I finnaly got my spectra cold air intake a couple of months ago and the gains are great. my 0-60 time when down by 0.8-0.9

Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with those 0-60 times? What engine mods?

I really hate to call this one out...but knocking off almost a second on your 0-60 times JUST by installing a different air intake is tough to stomach. Unless there was something seriously wrong with your OEM air intake, that kind of performance improvement on an unmodified engine is not possible.

In general, aftermarket air kits typically do VERY little to improve the performance of unmodified engines.

Your engine can only pull in so much air and your OEM setup is optimized to work with your engine out of the factory.

I love the idea your mod'ing your ride and great choice on the install and writing it up. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I have to question the data on this one!!

However, if you have more intel you can share on how you achieved those improvements, definitey share!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S.L.A.B

S.L.A.B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah no problem. I had a superchip and i recorded my 0-60 before the install and after on a newly tarred country side road. At the time i was runnin with 24in U2s so it gave it something somewhat close to that jump i had before i put the heavy wheels on.

Singletahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great advice! Just got my spectre cai put in and there is def an increase in response and makes my stock engine sound beast. Glad I didn't buy the k&n, saved a f load of money.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Spectre as well. Great throttle response and sounds great. But a side question is anyone on here in a colder climate running one of the net bags to prevent too cold of air? My buddy at work who has a plow on his GMC 2500 gas and he just put a net on as he was having issues with his K and N. My spectre has been great with the cooler (10 degrees a few mornings) but I am concerned in the next month or two for the real cold and driving on the freeway making it arctic temps diving into my intake.

El Terrible

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
good info, my friend just got his spectre cai too and i helped him install it. Im getting one next week.

UGA Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Spectre CAI. Just installed it about a week or two ago. Sounds great and looks cool under the hood.

Quin Bougie

Reaction score
I just bought one of these in a no name version off of Ebay for 65.00 shipped,it looks exactly like the OP's 3rd picture but I have black piping.

I was a bit hesitant at first seeing as it was 65.00 shipped and the next options were 200-900.00.I ordered it last monday I had it here at the house on Wednesday I just put it in this morning,took about 30 minutes start to finish. I love it,not sure about hp/tq gains but I bought it for the sound and to clear out the engine bay.

SO far so good!! If you guys want the link and the OP doesnt mind I can post the ebay sellers name.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Spectre as well. Great throttle response and sounds great. But a side question is anyone on here in a colder climate running one of the net bags to prevent too cold of air? My buddy at work who has a plow on his GMC 2500 gas and he just put a net on as he was having issues with his K and N. My spectre has been great with the cooler (10 degrees a few mornings) but I am concerned in the next month or two for the real cold and driving on the freeway making it arctic temps diving into my intake.

i have an S&B cai and i run it year round here in maine we get 90+ deg down to -20 deg days and ive had no issues except when i hit the dirty muddy roads then i have to clean the filter n box more often haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx