Copper&Black's Complete Custom Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ick Ar15 about to build one myself.. that aside.. crack the whip and get the hoe back on the priority list... we need pics..

denali02

Reaction score
hey how long did it take you to work the hood total in hrs i really like the look of the hood thinking about doing it myself

oh yeah awesome build cant wait to start seeing the engine pics

OP
OP
Copper&Black

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey how long did it take you to work the hood total in hrs i really like the look of the hood thinking about doing it myself

oh yeah awesome build cant wait to start seeing the engine pics

No way could I count the hours, if I did I would crazier then I already am. It would take a decent amount of time to do right. But everyone has their own idea about what is acceptable, but I'm a psycho when it comes to making my stuff perfect. For me the right way would be to trim the back skin where the opening will be, and then cut the front skin of the hood ¼-1/2” longer then the headlight opening so you can then fold the outer skin in using a hammer and dolly, pliers etc. That way the edge looks natural, like it was made at the factory. Some people like to take a cutting wheel and just chop it and weld it closed and bondo. And to be perfectly honest most people wouldn’t notice, but I sure would.

It's funny you mention engine pics....
I pulled my 6.0L block off the rack today for the beginning of its paint job. Technically she's a little bigger then 6.0L but whatever...

As of now i just finished hitting it with the first primer coat, to then be followed by some scotch bright and another hit of primer. Once the second primer coat is smoothed comes the copper engine enamel & CLEAR COAT :)....

Who the f*** clear coats an engine.......This guyyyy :Big Laugh:

Pics!

61815618.jpg

7b51b08c.jpg

88100e69.jpg

cd599653.jpg

860101bf.jpg

b765a1f4.jpg

8129e788.jpg

0589d6a4.jpg

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it took me so long to sort through almost 60 pages of this amazing thread/post but now I want moreeeeeeeee! Copper&Black you should open your own shop. It looks like you're OCD about attention to detail like I am, but way more extreme!!! Keep it up man this shit is inspiring. I say when this is done buy the nnbs and make another sick fully custom ride!

OP
OP
Copper&Black

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

A couple more pics from today,

The Super charger needs to be finished up and reassembled

88e4933e.jpg

The oil pan is getting a coating of rubberized undercoating for protection.

a7781a9d.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Copper&Black

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done with the engine block paint. Came out niceeee
I still need to do some covers and the magnacharger but the block was the hardest part.

Here she is, Three coats of primer, three coats of engine enamel & two coats of clear.

99dd0a3a.jpg

10352ee7.jpg

acee9f51.jpg

0a5a0820.jpg

077f714f.jpg

0a05b0c8.jpg

c926dc1a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee