Coppery shiny particles in engine oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone would notice a power difference except maybe the 5.3 being more powerful considering it has the "good" heads. And the 5.3/6.0 are the same crank/rods, its just a bore size difference

6.0 truck motors bring good money, the 5.3 is cheap... just looking at the cheapest way out

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:High 5:

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do wanna go this route i have a running 5.3 out of my 07 silverado classic ill straight trade you for the 6oh :)

I dont think anyone would notice a power difference except maybe the 5.3 being more powerful considering it has the "good" heads. And the 5.3/6.0 are the same crank/rods, its just a bore size difference

6.0 truck motors bring good money, the 5.3 is cheap... just looking at the cheapest way out

Really??? I think anybody would notice 50hp and 55tq..... :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm liking andrew's thinking!!!! :)

OP
OP
ChazMan

ChazMan

Reaction score
If you sell it, that is fine but I'd be as up front as possible with the potential buyer as to the issue that way they don't get surprised.

Of course.
I would NOT sell w/o telling the buyer. If I give a surprise to the buyer like that I may even find a bigger suprise later one day with the buyer standing in front of my door with a shotgun in his hand!

A good news is that (I just remembered) I still have 25000 miles/2.5 years left on my aftermarket powertrain warranty (by Mercury Ins) that is accepted by any authorized Caddilac dealer nationwide. I paid $1500 for that warranty last year when I bought the Esc. I hoped I would not have to use it but I think I will. Well, I guess I will even out on that cost!

If it happens to be the main bearing or rod bearings on the rank journal, I wonder which would be cheaper, replace bad bearings or swap out the motor (used 6.0L) from the insurance/dealer point of view? Is any auto mechanic out there who has some insight to this?

Thanks for the advice guys!

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd call the warranty company to inquire about buying their warranty and ask them what happens in a situation like you're having.. anonymous. If its a repair I'd check with the service center and see if they can make it go through for a replacement(new crate motor)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:drool: New crate motor would be the score of the century!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52