Correct bypass module for an '03 Denali??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I can't find anything listed specifically for the Denali. Probably looking in the wrong place. I just bought the Viper 5701 alarm/autostart and need to make sure I buy the correct bypass before install.

Everyone was saying the Express Kit XK06, but the Denali isn't listed for them. Yukons and Tahoes are listed, and as far as I know the security systems are the same but want to confirm before spending.

Someone help me out here, please. I need to get this ordered so it all gets here about the same time.

Just checked with Best Buy and they say to get XK01 which I can buy from them for only $104....good gawd....that's about what I paid for the whole autostart/alarm.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a PM from a installer buddy of mine we exchanged tonight

I've seen you post about alarms ,my question is i'm having a viper 5701/remote start installed in my 2001 Tahoe what bypass module do I need? everyone told me the XK06 will work but it says it's for 03 and up.But some people on the Tahoeforum tells me it will work with an 01.Do you know where I can find a cheap one? I found this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13997_...ssKit+XK06.html

he replied

It will work... but save yourself the money and get a PLJX or a 555L, all you need a module for is to bypass the passlock 2. All the wires in your vehicle are accessible, nothing is data controlled like in the 03+. If you have any more questions just ask

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

so in a nutshell you need the xk06 module because 03 and up are data controlled
I ordered mine tonight http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13997_XpressKit+XK06.html

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thank you, sir.

That is good info. I did a little more research and it looks like either the XK01 or XK06 will work for me, but the XK06 works in about 3x as many vehicles. It may just be a more new/updated module.

Appreciate that info. Ordering XK06 now.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
guessing the same will work in an 04 Tahoe?

I'd guess that, too....lol.

I'm not going to tell you for sure since I don't 100% know that I figured this out right. Here's the chart for compatible vehicles with the XK06. Looks like it'll work with your Tahoe:

http://www.bypasskit.com/CompatibilityChart.aspx?prodid=XK06

If it does work, I got mine on eBay for 39.99 with free shipping. Here's that link, also: http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-XK06-EXPRESSKIT-INTERFACE-CAR-ALARM-START-VIPER-NIB_W0QQitemZ270511258191QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efbba3a4f

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** IT I GIVE UP

PM from today

Me-Thanks for the input I went ahead and ordered the xk06,the pljx was DC'ed

-J.P.

He replied
They aren't discontinued... Directed has ran out of them. They are shipping a new batch next week.

Also whoever is installing your unit, I hope they have a XKLoader to flash the new firmware onto that XK06... it comes with GMDL and you need the PLXR firmware. The instructions are also may be incorrect for the PLXR firmware and the XK06... I know they are for the XK09.

-Joel

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
That's all really confusing. I'm not going to worry about it, since the installer I'm going to use installs DEI systems all the time. I'm assuming they have any software/hardware they need.

This is what I could find about the XK06. It's basically impossible to tell what it actually comes loaded with, but it is definitely upgradeable:

Directed XK06 GM Immobilizer Override Interface

DEI OEM Original - Not Generic - XK06 Upgradeable GM immobilizer Data override. XK06 is an upgradeable data immobilizer override module which is compatible with all GM engine immobilizer systems used by GM over the last decade. This upgradeable solution is developed on the CAN BUS architecture and is remarkably compatible with all current GM anti theft systems including Passlock 1, Passlock 2, Hybrid ION style Passlock, Passkey 3, Passkey 3+, and the latest 2006-07 GM immobilizer system which incorporates elements of the older GM Passlock 2 resistance technology with the RFID transponder immobilizer technology found in the Passkey 3 transponder systems. Platform #06 has evolved to include more upgradeable firmware solutions covering more GM vehicles than ANY other GM data transponder override solution on the market.

And then there's this bit of info about, which I'm not really sure what it means:

XK06 - PLXR 3.00 (2003 GMC Yukon)
W2W
PK-Immobilizer Bypass-Data No Key Req'd
D2D
PK-Immobilizer Bypass-Data No Key Req'd

Last edited:

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump im trying to find the correct bypass for a 03 Tahoe. I'm installing a viper 5704 and trying to buy the add-ons online because best buy is charging $100 for the bypass. The quote I got from Best Buy total install was around $3-350. Is that about normal?

clint1077

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bump im trying to find the correct bypass for a 03 Tahoe. I'm installing a viper 5704 and trying to buy the add-ons online because best buy is charging $100 for the bypass. The quote I got from Best Buy total install was around $3-350. Is that about normal?

you can use the xk01. thats what i used when i installed my viper 5901 on my g/fs 05 z71. i also had the same module in her previous 03 tahoe with the same alarm. it worked right out of the box...no programming. amazon has them here for much cheaper than 100 bucks!
http://www.amazon.com/Directed-DEI-Xpresskit-Oldsmobile-Volkswagen/dp/B001NIYDMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925