Could this have been in a flood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now, that I've begun looking closer to the underneath, I keep finding clumps of dirt and weeds stuck in some places, like over a bolt or between panels. Also, when I had the dealership perform the fuel pump harness replacement, I got to see the top of the fuel tank. Lots of dirt caked on top, and more dirt and weeds stuck to harnesses, etc.

If this truck did happen to get left in the flooded areas last year, do I have any recourse against the selling dealer, because I wasn't told about it?

Thanks,
EJ

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
hey plaza,lemon laws vary according to youre area.I once bought a used acura that fell apart as soon as I left dealership.Come to find out there were no lawyers in my area that would handle the case.I wonder if its because its not a real money maker?

Last edited:

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
a good way to check to see if it has been in a flood is to remove the passenger fuse block cover and look for a water line. however it could not have been flooded that high but its good place to start. Sounds like a kid took off roading and never powerwashed the underside good enough though.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A flood wouldn't leave dirt and weeds. Off roading or mud riding will. Or perhaps it was simply ran off the side of the road into a muddy ditch. I once parked in a grassy field next to my work (when they were restriping the parking lot). Just so happens it rained later that day. By the time i left work, that field was basically a giant mud pit. I had to floor it to get out of there. I ended up with mud and grass all over my undercarriage. When I changed my oil not long after that, I saw mud on TOP of the transmission. I wouldnt worry about it unless you see a lot of rust, and are having electrical issues. Regardless, you have no recourse if you bought it used, which I'm assuming you did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan