cracked f_ _ king dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even care about mileage I'd be more going with actual age and if it cracks before the 8 - 10 year mark to me that's too soon!!!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screw that, I'd be pissed if it happened before 100k!!!!!

Oh trust me, I'd be right there with you. But the way oil futures are trading, I don't know how long I'll keep this thing. Might have to go gas guzzle with a different car.

pjwells

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 tahoe dash has 2 cracks around the pass. side airbag any updates on what GM is going 2 do about it i hate this s_ _t

I also have a 2007 Yukon with a cracked dash right at the hump on the drivers side. Questioned the dealership about it months ago and they denied knowing any problems. However more and more reported cases and one dealership in town is admitting the issue and is replacing the dashes for free. Hope mine will own up and do the same, once I call them about it "or they will loose my business forever".

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 07 at 85k miles has THREE cracks, one either side of the speedometer hump, and one on passenger side.

what kind of warranty is left at 85K, powertrain?

we bought it used.

OP
OP
J

jwtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update on cracked dash

contacted by GM took the truck to dealership frist they wanted 500.00 called gm back returned to dealer now it's 379.00 out the door

onepoorpilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey GM customer service guy, why dont you post your reasoning for denying my claim??? I have an 07 yukon with 68k miles, cracked dash in 3 places and happened under my ownership. whats the difference between me and anyone else? pipe up dude.....

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey GM customer service guy, why dont you post your reasoning for denying my claim??? I have an 07 yukon with 68k miles, cracked dash in 3 places and happened under my ownership. whats the difference between me and anyone else? pipe up dude.....

I think that guy is just a dude putting in your claim into the system,

then GM Cust Service calls you.

it was a waste of my time, they said "are you over 3year/36k miles"

"um, yeah..."

and they said "you are out of warranty....."

so, out of warranty is no-go.
FWIW, all the 96~02 Camaro's had the front piece crack & break, and GM never did nothing about them.

it's all about money. you really can't blame GM, all cars from any manufacturer have some sort of problem that develops later in life.

I am wondering if a dash mat (carpet piece) would have blocked the heat and saved it in the first place? i usually run one in my DD, helps the windshield stay clean (either it catches the dirt, or it blocks the vapors from the plastic dash drying from getting on the windshield, but it does help keep it clean)

YMMV :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus