Crankshaft position variation system learn procedure issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad7600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, so I changed my ECM and it's programmed to my vehicle BUT when I try to do the procedure with my scanner it gets close to 4000 RPM says testing and then goes back to the WOT screen and doesnt complete. When I take the scanner off I can go to 4000 rpms and hold it there. Trying to figure out why it's not working when the scanner is attached. Pleaasseee Helpppppp.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I changed my ECM and it's programmed to my vehicle BUT when I try to do the procedure with my scanner it gets close to 4000 RPM says testing and then goes back to the WOT screen and doesnt complete. When I take the scanner off I can go to 4000 rpms and hold it there. Trying to figure out why it's not working when the scanner is attached. Pleaasseee Helpppppp.
parking brake has to be set, if the light is not illuminated in the cluster then check the metal tab on the brake mechanism under the dash to be sure it is clean and touching the other side to illuminate the brake light.

OP
OP
B

Brad7600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, so yea I believe I've done everything right. I've changed the throttle body and ECM so i thought the learn procedure would be a breeze. It's just weird how it only wont go to 4000 rpms when the scanner tool is connected.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, so yea I believe I've done everything right. I've changed the throttle body and ECM so i thought the learn procedure would be a breeze. It's just weird how it only wont go to 4000 rpms when the scanner tool is connected.
you have to do what it says on the screen it literally only takes a few seconds to do and it's done, you rev the 1 time and it's finished

OP
OP
B

Brad7600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea so something is wrong somewhere else I just can't figure where and the scanner isnt giving me an faults pertaining to the engine. One weird thing I did notice is that it says rev the engine until the fuel cut off starts BUT on my scanner iit says Fuel Deceleration Cutt off inactive???

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea so something is wrong somewhere else I just can't figure where and the scanner isnt giving me an faults pertaining to the engine. One weird thing I did notice is that it says rev the engine until the fuel cut off starts BUT on my scanner iit says Fuel Deceleration Cutt off inactive???
Make sure you have the correct vehicle selected from what I know of that only applies to the hybrid vehicles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065