OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hey, that sense of humor is kind of rare, but incredibly refreshing, these days.
When I walk in to my local AZ, they like me there. If it is available at their web site, I always have the part number looked up. I will also help a customer that is there asking a question that the counter people don't know about. But I always cut up and joke with them and throw in a few curse words for good measure. Two of the girls say that I remind them of their dad.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you have followed this thread, you have seen when I retired in 2022 and was in Paradise, Ca. for a while and while there I got a brain fart and had my rear BOWTIE/TAHOE emblem and the CHEVROLET emblem, blacked out and then added white around the edges to make them stand out. After a while, the white was flaking off and then looked like crap. Been bugging me and so I ordered in new GM emblems and removed the old, cleaned and installed stock look emblems again. I was so in to the removal, that I forgot to take a "before" pic of the BOWTIE/TAHOE emblem, but you get the idea and can go back in this thread if you really want to see it. I like it much better now:

20240813_140633.jpg

20240813_140641.jpg

20240813_143746.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have followed this thread, you have seen when I retired in 2022 and was in Paradise, Ca. for a while and while there I got a brain fart and had my rear BOWTIE/TAHOE emblem and the CHEVROLET emblem, blacked out and then added white around the edges to make them stand out. After a while, the white was flaking off and then looked like crap. Been bugging me and so I ordered in new GM emblems and removed the old, cleaned and installed stock look emblems again. I was so in to the removal, that I forgot to take a "before" pic of the BOWTIE/TAHOE emblem, but you get the idea and can go back in this thread if you really want to see it. I like it much better now:

View attachment 435199

View attachment 435201

View attachment 435203
Me thinks that you have a lot of spare time on your hands. :cool:

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Me thinks that you have a lot of spare time on your hands. :cool:
Now I do. I have new front struts to do on a 2015 Chrysler mini van but waiting on a new cowling to come in. Have motorcylce work when part gets here. Waiting on customer for oil cooler lines, I have already.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Within the last 3-4 months I have intermittently been having problems with my master switch assembly on my driver's door. The one that controls locks, windows and mirrors. Intermittently the lock toggle would not work unless I repeatedly toggled it. I decided to get a new master switch assembly.

I contacted @915_Tahoe and gave the last 8 digits of the VIN and he came up with part #15883319. I had looked at RA and they only offered Dorman and Standard. One of the qualifiers was if I had adjustable pedals. I do but that is controlled by a different set of buttons mounted vertically above the master switch. I tried the usual GM parts houses and it was a no go because is "discontinued". I looked at ebay and found only 1 for $425.00 and the guy would not negotiate.

@915_Tahoe had told me list/retail/walk in price is $304.05. He also gave me a list of possible NOS at 16 different GM parts suppliers/dealers across the country. I started calling and a few showed the switch in stock but not on the shelves. My 5th call showed it and had it. I asked for a discount because of former shop service manager and military discount. He showed the same retail price of $304.05. We negotiated down to $250. With sales tax and shipping, they sent it via Fed Ex today for $290.45. I saved $54.05. Found it at Deboer Chevrolet in MN. Dealt with a great guy named Jake.

Now, on to another concern. I talked to my shop owner friend and he said that some, not all, master switches have their own module embedded in them and may not work if I just try to plug and play. I am gonna hook up my scanner and see if it sees a module and then I would need to upload to my scanner and then install the new switch and then download the info back to the new switch.

Other than the very intermittent lock toggle problem, the old master switch is fine. I will be taking that toggle apart and looking in to see what I can see. If a member wants it after that, I will sell cheap and ship for free.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Within the last 3-4 months I have intermittently been having problems with my master switch assembly on my driver's door. The one that controls locks, windows and mirrors. Intermittently the lock toggle would not work unless I repeatedly toggled it. I decided to get a new master switch assembly.

I contacted @915_Tahoe and gave the last 8 digits of the VIN and he came up with part #15883319. I had looked at RA and they only offered Dorman and Standard. One of the qualifiers was if I had adjustable pedals. I do but that is controlled by a different set of buttons mounted vertically above the master switch. I tried the usual GM parts houses and it was a no go because is "discontinued". I looked at ebay and found only 1 for $425.00 and the guy would not negotiate.

@915_Tahoe had told me list/retail/walk in price is $304.05. He also gave me a list of possible NOS at 16 different GM parts suppliers/dealers across the country. I started calling and a few showed the switch in stock but not on the shelves. My 5th call showed it and had it. I asked for a discount because of former shop service manager and military discount. He showed the same retail price of $304.05. We negotiated down to $250. With sales tax and shipping, they sent it via Fed Ex today for $290.45. I saved $54.05. Found it at Deboer Chevrolet in MN. Dealt with a great guy named Jake.

Now, on to another concern. I talked to my shop owner friend and he said that some, not all, master switches have their own module embedded in them and may not work if I just try to plug and play. I am gonna hook up my scanner and see if it sees a module and then I would need to upload to my scanner and then install the new switch and then download the info back to the new switch.

Other than the very intermittent lock toggle problem, the old master switch is fine. I will be taking that toggle apart and looking in to see what I can see. If a member wants it after that, I will sell cheap and ship for free.
Hopefully it's just dirty contacts that you'd be able to clean up.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I don't think programming works like that but be sure to let us know if it does or doesn't. Curious to find out what scanner you have that can download the calibration from your existing switch and re-upload it to your new switch, without GM programming.