Custom IPhone Dock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the black paint, probably gonna get that done this week. I like Eagle's, but I need to be able to see the phone.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a good point. If i tuck it away I can use it as a cell modem & run it via the PXAMG no problem, but I noticed that if I don't put it in airplane mode I can still take calls and use apps while doing the above too. lol. I love this thing.

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here is what I decided to do:
DSC_0051.gif

DSC_0001.gif

Haven't decided if i will leave the connector as a friction fit, or disable the retainer and glue it into place like I did on my old one.

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
plain old Superglue (not gel). A year later and it is still OK after I don't know how much use/abuse. Needs to be a tight fit because you want to use VERY little for maximum strength.

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to do my phone charger like that... just that I want it to retract when not in use.

justin146

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would like to do my phone charger like that... just that I want it to retract when not in use.

I have this same dock mounted in my ash tray. It fits in there perfectly. Where it sits, its easy to see the screen (because my HU doesnt display all the information). And I just push in the ashtray when its not in use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timmytom