Damn Animals Messed Up My Baby!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of them are just about severed completely, so my question is do i just add a piece of new wire in the gap, i was thinking about using some of those crimp connectors to reconnect them, I usually try to drive my truck at least once a week, so its not sitting up for months or anything, I guess the little bastards just got hungry

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine last winter...only worse. After being parked for about 3-4 weeks without driving, I got in and started it up and couldn't figure out why it was idling and running like crap, engine warning light on, ABS light on, etc. Checked out to find the critters had chewed through a couple of plug wires, washer fluid hose, and ABS sensor wire on the RF wheel. Had to replace hub/sensor cable as well as a new set of plug wires... :(

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
wow that sucks here in tx we never see those vermin around really. they are afraid of us lol

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come to think about it, last time I got my codes ran which was about a month ago, the guy said that my driver side wheel speed sensor wasnt working, guess I need to check it for chew marks

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
What the heck is eating your engine parts? We don't get stuff like that in Alaska, either....

My dad had chipmunks somehow get into his car. He frequently goes out of town for weeks at a time, and he came home to find an entire family burrowed into his rear seat. The whole car stank like rodent shit and urine for a looooooong time. Brand new, 6-month old car, too.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the heck is eating your engine parts? We don't get stuff like that in Alaska, either....

My dad had chipmunks somehow get into his car. He frequently goes out of town for weeks at a time, and he came home to find an entire family burrowed into his rear seat. The whole car stank like rodent shit and urine for a looooooong time. Brand new, 6-month old car, too.

Chipmunks (aka ground squirrels) were most likely the culprits that caused my damage as well...

jbb01

Reaction score
Probably rats as those little bastards ca eat through concrete. Rat poison should do the trick but be careful as that can kill all animals and even people if some little kid stumbles upon it

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fixed up my wiring this weekend and now I basically park in a bed of moth balls and I have begun stashing a few in the engine bay when Im not gonna drive it for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shughes022

Latest posts