Dealing with Deposits to Boost Engine Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already gone through two motor oil & filter changes @ 3,000 miles each with Valvoline Restore & Protect 5W30.
Looking forward to a used motor oil analysis in the near future ...

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this stuff actually works it would be a major breakthrough for engine longevity.

Will be very interested to see what the oil analysis says.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cliff notes?

where are we trying to remove these deposits from? and what component is failing that this fixes?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everywhere inside the engine.
Howsabout all those lazy / confused cylinders?

would it thou? I feel like that's more of a varnish building up from the pvc system drinking tons of oil thru the intake and not burning fuel to keep it clean like the other cyl. seems to me a catch can and fuel additives would be more effective on the stuck rings?

still unclear on what kinda deposits? like carbon deposits? I think of valves and piston tops developing deposits. both of which e85, supposedly that tecron stuff and even water injection cleans all that pretty well.

unless they are calling sludge deposits? which can clog up drain holes and stuff, but we have stuff already that can clean that pretty well?

I don't know.. maybe I just haven't blown up enough engines because of oil deposits.. well by enough I mean none.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just 'cause I don't smoke enough to get lung cancer (4 cigarettes a day avg),
doesn't mean I shouldn't smoke even less than I already do.
Just 'cause you haven't yet blown an engine, doesn't mean you can't keep it even cleaner than you already are.

Whatever causes two-mode lifters to fail, I can't possibly imagine Valvoline Restore & Protect would be bad for them.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so, a fluid ounce of V-R&P would work out to ...

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess if you inherited a poorly maintained engine full of sludge this would be something to look at. But someone who had an engine they know had been properly maintained and had oil changed at the proper intervals I don't feel these type of products are really neccessary. Especially on just run of the mill daily drivers. My experience doing the AFM delete on my 170,000 mile engine in my Suburban and the lack of "deposits " makes me feel this way.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just 'cause I don't smoke enough to get lung cancer (4 cigarettes a day avg),
doesn't mean I shouldn't smoke even less than I already do.
Just 'cause you haven't yet blown an engine, doesn't mean you can't keep it even cleaner than you already are.

Whatever causes two-mode lifters to fail, I can't possibly imagine Valvoline Restore & Protect would be bad for them.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so, a fluid ounce of V-R&P would work out to ...

I mean I guess it could help the lifter as it's a failure point. but they fail in so many ways. even the non afm lifters seem fail sometimes.

still reeks of marketing and trying to justify 10$ quart of oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065