Debadging and Removing Mouldings???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually found the floss to work a little better than the line. Probably didn't help I was using really old line either.

FoxDen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1 on the floss or fishing line. heat it up a little and saw back and forth.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this 3M wheel will take off Pin stripe? I hate the pin stripe on my yuk. It's painted on so I may need to have it painted over not sure

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did mine last week, took me 2 days and almost 7 hrs of tedious work, wish i read this before. i used fishing line plastic putty knife goo gone and compund and wax. came out great but my fingers were so sore after. o well its done now and i am very happy. paint is near perfect not bad for 10 years of sun beating on the exposed paint!

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything you can do i have lines where my mouldings and emblems used to be should i try using a buffer ?

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried one half with heat fun and a tool to take the adhesive off. and one side with the eraser tool.. holy crap please use the eraser tool, do not waste your time with a heat gun and other tools.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea goo gone worked good but i still have some fade marks prob from sun i just need to polish it one of these days ...

gusgus0513

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
first pull off the emblems with a small screw driver careful not to scratch paint. residue will be left use a hairdryer and start a corner rub the glue off should come off easily. there will be a ghost effect left by the glue i used a little goof off and a micro fiber towel. then rinse with water and use some wax to protect paint.

2006Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I just got my truck from a dealer last week and noticed it didn't have the door mouldings. Did some come from the factory without this???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou