DFM disabler released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the 22’s actually didn’t have DFM in them due to the great chip shortage. Not sure how many of those had it removed.
I’ve wonder myself but have been told multiple times that the window sticker would have stated that it didn’t have it. My window sticker says the only things I didn’t get was the 4 way lumbar and parking sensors(which later were retrofitted). So I dunno ‍how to confirm for sure.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the 22’s actually didn’t have DFM in them due to the great chip shortage. Not sure how many of those had it removed.

Really? I’ve never heard of any of the ‘21+ models not having DFM.

Now there are some that did not have the auto start/stop feature; And for that GM gave the buyer a generous $50 credit and that is usually noted on the vehicles original window sticker.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve wonder myself but have been told multiple times that the window sticker would have stated that it didn’t have it. My window sticker says the only things I didn’t get was the 4 way lumbar and parking sensors(which later were retrofitted). So I dunno ‍how to confirm for sure.

Not to get off track here but...

Did you get BOTH the 4-Way Lumbar and the parking sensors later retrofitted? Or was it just for the parking sensors?

I have seen quite a few '21-'22 models listed for sale with both of these (2) features mentioned on the original window sticker as not being installed.

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do have DFM all the components are inside the motor but they are not activated due to the chip shortage.

Lil Timmy Shy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had it on our 2013 for several years and it simply plugs into the ODB2 port and stays there.
We have annual emissions inspections here in metro-PHX, so all I do is unplug it before heading in for the emissions test (all they do is plug into OBD2 port and check for any emissions related MIL codes) and plug it back in when I get home.
No issues to date and our Tahoe runs great with it!
Wouldn't that which you described be the AFM disabler? (Not DFM)

Gearz

Reaction score
It's great they came out with this BUT on my 2011 Range AFM delete it does cause intermittent problems like no crank and power liftgate not to open because it can interrupt the data stream so all I do is unplug and reinstall and I'm on my way but if this causes a problem I have to partially remove the inner fender and the PCM plug which could be a problem if I'm not home or weather conditions are poor. The AFM can also cause a small battery drain so they said if the truck isn't driven for more than 3 days to remove it will this have the same problems that can cause bigger problems? I guess when the public starts to use it we'll find out. :hmmm2:

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a beta tester, 100% worth it if you’re like me and the DFM causes noticeable lugging/vibration when maintaining speed or slight throttle tip in. I absolutely hate driveability with AFM/DFM on the v8’s. Wifes AFM on her v6 blazer on the other hand, don’t even notice it.

Install was very easy, not as easy as an OBD plug in, but super simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoeinOrangecounty