DFM disabler released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their website says this product is designed for "refresh models" in reviewing my paperwork for my 2022 Tahoe, I can see no reference to the word "refresh".
That applies to the pick ups, they changed mid 2022. For SUV’s it’s 21-up 5.3 or 6.2

djnice

Reaction score
Would this disabler allow the DFM lifters to be changed to standard lifters? Since there is no tuning yet for this ecu.

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this disabler allow the DFM lifters to be changed to standard lifters? Since there is no tuning yet for this ecu.
No not that easy, DFM lifters require a different cam for that system. Can't install standard lifters on a DFM cam.

djnice

Reaction score
I’m not trying to put together a parts list. I just want to know if the disabler will handle the programming part of the DFM delete. That said, if I’m going to put a new cam in, I’d rather have better performance and then I need a tune anyway.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a side note on those lifters. Seems to me that keeping the lifters pumped up full time would have to eliminate most of the failures we've seen. When those lifters collapse due to the oil cut off all those little internal parts do take a beating. And I wonder why there are no direct retro fit lifters that work with the AFM original camshaft?

Last edited:

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to get off track here but...

Did you get BOTH the 4-Way Lumbar and the parking sensors later retrofitted? Or was it just for the parking sensors?

I have seen quite a few '21-'22 models listed for sale with both of these (2) features mentioned on the original window sticker as not being installed.
Just the sensors. The 4 way lumbar would have been a $50 credit on the window sticker. It wasn’t. Only the parking sensors were.

14point5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had it on our 2013 for several years and it simply plugs into the ODB2 port and stays there.
We have annual emissions inspections here in metro-PHX, so all I do is unplug it before heading in for the emissions test (all they do is plug into OBD2 port and check for any emissions related MIL codes) and plug it back in when I get home.
No issues to date and our Tahoe runs great with it!
Apples and Oranges 2013 vs. late model

KC 2013 Tahoe

Reaction score
Wouldn't that which you described be the AFM disabler? (Not DFM)
AFM cuts off oil to the lifters on 4 cylinders, whereas DFM is a bit more elegant in that it selectively decides which cylinders to cut out. The disabler works on either system, both of which eventually destroy our engines and transmissions in favor of marginally better fuel economy.

Lil Timmy Shy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AFM cuts off oil to the lifters on 4 cylinders, whereas DFM is a bit more elegant in that it selectively decides which cylinders to cut out. The disabler works on either system, both of which eventually destroy our engines and transmissions in favor of marginally better fuel economy.
I understand that. I have a Range Technology disabler. It plugs into the port under the steering wheel (2014 Tahoe). But I think what these fellows are talking about is a new type disabler which requires some additional steps to install. See post #3 in this thread regarding what must be done to install. If I am misreading something, please let me know. Sorry for the confusion.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road