DFM disabler released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Browner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you remove your wheel and whatnot like the instructions recommend? Or could you gain access without doing all of that?
I took the wheel off, just made it more accessible, I had a floor jack, electric impact and torque wrench.

Browner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also, do you folks believe that you'd need to remove the module prior to taking the truck to the dealership for miscellaneous service?
I'm not going to, I have a good relationship with the dealer and if you subscribe to OnStar it's probably already noted.

Antonm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the DFM diabler in

It's real easy for anyone that might be on the fence or concerned about install.

It's literally just disconnect the negative battery terminal, pull back the inner fender liner carpet thing, then remove the bottom PCM connector.

Plug removed.jpg

Plug the DFM disabler module in , then plug the wiring harness back into the DFM disabler module. Only downside is removing the negative battery cable you lose the memory seats positions and phone pairing, so you have to re-bluetooth your phones and reset the memory set location afterwards (which is kinda inconvenient, but not the end of the world).

DRM disab in.jpg

On a side note, I already had an autostop eliminator installed. Took it out because I didn't know how two different aftermarket things, both trying to turn off the autostop feature, would play together. These things cost $100, anyone want/ need one? I'll sell it for half price ($50), been on the truck for about four months, works fine, but the DFM disabler does that job too, so don't need both.

Autostop elim.jpg

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the DFM diabler in

It's real easy for anyone that might be on the fence or concerned about install.

It's literally just disconnect the negative battery terminal, pull back the inner fender liner carpet thing, then remove the bottom PCM connector.

View attachment 441324

Plug the DFM disabler module in , then plug the wiring harness back into the DFM disabler module. Only downside is removing the negative battery cable you lose the memory seats positions and phone pairing, so you have to re-bluetooth your phones and reset the memory set location afterwards (which is kinda inconvenient, but not the end of the world).

View attachment 441325

I don’t loose memory seats or phone pairing? Is this a “feature” of the new google trucks? I just lose the fuel trim, and automatic power window up/down which the truck relearns.

Otherwise, everything else is spot on. This is a great addition.

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t loose memory seats or phone pairing? Is this a “feature” of the new google trucks? I just lose the fuel trim, and automatic power window up/down which the truck relearns.

Otherwise, everything else is spot on. This is a great addition.
I never lost phone pairing or seat memory when I pulled the negative lead on my ‘22 a few months back.

Scarey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve seen fuel trim mentioned on other threads, not about Dfm. What is fuel trim, mixture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaC56