Transmission Fluid/Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diezelraccoon

Reaction score
Currently replacing the rear main seal on my 2003 Chevy Tahoe 2wd with the 5.3. Decided while I am at it just going to change out the transmission fluid and filter.

I am a little conflicted on a couple things. I want to stick with OEM filter and fluid but I am seeing different types of OEM filters. One that says OEM and another that says OEM Gold. What is the difference between the two and what would you recommend?

The other is how many quarts of fluid does my transmission hold? I see one that says a little over 7 quarts and another that says 12.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bar keeps changing but in the past the AC Delco Gold or Professional usually meant "Made by Someone Else" but meets or exceeds OEM quality...whereas OEM usually meant it was the most current version of the product that was used when your vehicle was made...

when I firsts started seeing AC Delco products listed as Professional or Gold I would have thought it was the best but after trying I found some products weren't as quality as the OEM AC Delco products...I'd stick with the OEMs unless you read enough members who have already "blazed that trail" come up with a better alternative...

Good luck with your Tahoe

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaC56

Latest posts