Did I pay too much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone seems to ask so much for 2 door Tahoes. are they really selling for that or am i the only **** that paid 6k for a 95 tahoe with 190k with a "rebuilt engine" I like it but i just seemed like alot since i had to drop about another grand into it to get everything working properly and how i want it. but i couldnt find any other good ones at the time, i wanted a 99 2 door sport in black. now they seem to be everywhere :( any who, what do you guys think, did i pay too much?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say absolutely but that's just me... :shrug:

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all relative really. Most people on here will tell you it was too much, but if it's what you wanted and your happy then who really cares? Two doors are usually more spendy but it seems like you got sick of waiting, and it's now your truck and so you should enjoy it, don't get hung up on how much it cost because you can't do a thing about it now anyways. It seems that sellers always think they could have gotten more, and buyers think they should have spent less. Now be proud of your 'hoe!

OP
OP
ERIC95TAHOE

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i thought, i wanted one really bad at the time. this is what all i had to do to get it up to par
new ac compressor and recharge
new tires
hunt down a bad ground from when they replaced the engine
replace the starter 2 days after i got it
get a spare tire cover
replace some dash lights
put a factory cd player in it from the 02 chevy truck i sold before it
new plugs and wires
new cat
new hub assembly
had to hunt down an oil leak, turned out the pressure sensor was loose
part of the air filter air ducting
oil cooler lines and oil cooler mount to block (the new engine didnt have the oil cooler on it)
there was no documentation on the engine but i know for a fact it was not original haha. it had new frost plugs in it and looked like it was just painted
great oil pressure. but a crazy loud clatter when its cold
i changed all the fluids but the brake fluid and power steering fluid (the diffs were really clean and looked well taken care of) trans had some numbers on it like it came from a junk yard.
plus side is i found a few nice tools stuck under the hood ha!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is, though, the purchase is already done so no need to dwell on it. Just enjoy it and get the most use out of it as you can :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

....good golly that's a long list of stuff to have to get it right...

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes and no, you paid more than i paid for mine 4 years ago with less miles.

no because they are going for stupid prices around here for a decent ones, rusted out hoes with high miles are around $5K here....

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you would have bought it about right around here... They are almost no where to be found and most of them were used and abused. I had to drive 8 hours to get get one that was well taken care of by an elderly man.

OP
OP
ERIC95TAHOE

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i rushed into it too fast but its been nothing but reliable so i cant complain too much i guess the worst thing is, is it has red leather seats i would love to get rid of them and put in red cloth seats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa