Difference in brake Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxVet33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had my trusted local repair shop replace the front/rear brake pads/disks on my 19 Yukon XL SLT. To avoid an accident in front of me I had to jam on the brakes really hard and experienced brake fade and a soiled drivers seat....
Is there a factory upgrade to improve my brake system? Are the police pursuit brake calipers/pads different from standard OEM brake parts?
Thx for any help

ps... Go Vote!!!
")

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I recently had my trusted local repair shop replace the front/rear brake pads/disks on my 19 Yukon XL SLT. To avoid an accident in front of me I had to jam on the brakes really hard and experienced brake fade and a soiled drivers seat....
Is there a factory upgrade to improve my brake system? Are the police pursuit brake calipers/pads different from standard OEM brake parts?
Thx for any help

ps... Go Vote!!!
")
I believe the ppv setup runs bigger rotors and brembo calipers if I’m not mistaken

slupie

Reaction score
Thx for any help

ps... Go Vote!!!
")
As far as I know the 2015-2020 PPV brake pads are different compound, maybe slightly harder rotors for severe duty but nothing else is different. If you need more braking power your options are the 6 piston performance clippers and rotors ($$$$) or the 4 piston caliper and rotor retrofit from 2021-2024. there is also a 6 piston PPV caliper option from the 2021-2024 PPV but it is also retrofit not a direct bolt on.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx for any help

ps... Go Vote!!!
")
brake fade should not occur under normal conditions, you really have to be working the brakes to get any kind of fade,
I would question said mechanic as to what type and brand of rotors and pads were used, there are super cheap pads out there that are basically junk
also on the K2's there (is/was) a recall for the brake software, I believe the issue was there could be poor brake performance at low speed under certain conditions

OP
OP
TxVet33

TxVet33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a close in wreck (2me) that i did avoid getting into even with the brake fade. I would def call this situation severe. Luckily no one was injured. Again except the drivers seat. Bus for the help guys 1729804512463.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
o8hoe