Digital Climate Control Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bubbz22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. There are plenty of threads on this forum about HVAC issues, but I didn't really see any like what I have going on. I have a 2004 Yukon. It has the digital dual climate control. I noticed some weird issues today.

To start with, is the O button on the far left supposed to be power to turn it on and off? Mine only turns the unit off, and sometimes takes a couple of presses. I have to turn it on by hitting the auto button.

Next, I had it on this morning, set to 72 and it was set at face(ac off). After a while, I noticed there didn't seem to be air blowing towards me. Put my hand to the vent and verified no air. I pushed the button that changes mode and it showed just feet. I know I didn't change it. Should it change itself?

And the last issue. This afternoon I was driving home. Again, I had it set blowing to face and after awhile I felt no air again. This time I looked down and it was off.

Do these issues sound like the climate control module is bad or going bad? Or are they things that should happen? Or possibly something worse?

This is the unit, button circled from first question/issue. Also, the second, fourth and fifth buttons on the bottom don't light up at night. They should, correct?
1729731070793.png

Thanks!

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that "O" button only turns the HVAC OFF...not ON...do you have a copy of your Owners Manual?...if not you can find one online so that you can download (or at least view) it to have it for access...

the MODE button is the one you use to change where you want air to blow...don't use the AUTO setting as that lets the Yukon to decide where to put the air...

if you are having other issues with where the air flows, it could be a blend door issue or some other issue

Good luck with your Yukon,

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jennla