Do these come off easy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH TAHOE LT

Reaction score
Wondering if these flat plastic trim pieces come off easy (onthe 4 doors).

Kind of worn and would look better without them or at least take them off to paint...

Thanks

Jim

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they come off. Easy? That's debatable. They're held on by a strong double-sided foam tape.

Removal is a two step process...
1) Use fishing twine to get underneath the piece and cut the foam. This will get the piece off the door.
2) Remove the remaining foam/adhesive. This takes PATIENCE. The adhesive will come off, but it's a slow and tedious process. It can be rolled back with your fingers. It will come off cleanly, but it's slow. Some folks will recommend the 3M eraser wheel in a cordless drill, but you have to be really careful about damaging/overheating the paint.

You can use something like Goo gone to help, but I found that just made it harder to roll the adhesive off. I just used my fingers. It took a few hours and my fingers were sore.

OP
OP
N

NH TAHOE LT

Reaction score
Can you tell me if they sit in a recess or is the door shape uniform? (Will the door look OK without them?)

OP
OP
N

NH TAHOE LT

Reaction score
Looks like there is some panel work needs doing on the doors too.
Is that a crease through those panels?
I looked at the truck yesterday and there were no creases in the doors, maybe the pic? ....Or I missed something. The dealership was good enough to put a new hood on it, paint it and fix and paint the other side where the plastic bumper cover meets the rear fender. The rest of the body is really nice for 11 years old...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
432mx

Latest posts