Do You Regret: Short-Body vs Long-Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
In my case, since it's always garaged, I have enough room for walking around the Tahoe, if it were a Suburban, there would be less room in my two (2) car garage. JMHO.
David g........:)
I always bought the SWB because it's the only way I could put in my garage too. I always keep mine spotless and now that I have a 3 in a half car garage I bought the Suburban and I still,have a little of room to spare with it in the garage.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My kids complain about legroom in the 3rd row of our XL. I cannot imagine what it is in the SWB. There's more room for the 3rd row passengers in my Pontiac Montanas compared with the Yukon XL. As long as it does hold 4x8 sheets of plywood and 8 foot boards like the Pontiacs do, I'm a happy camper.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I don't have any kids, but I bought a Suburban just because I've always wanted a Suburban.

Bonus that they are nowhere near as common as Tahoes where I live, and Tahoes aren't even that common, since every family seems to own a crew cab pickup. Not that Suburbans are uncommon, but I kind of enjoy being the only Suburban (or one of the very few) in a parking lot full of Rams, F150s, Silverados, and Tundras, crossovers, Mustangs, and midsize sedans.

No regrets.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, the implication in this thread is that people had to get over buying a smaller vehicle than they planned to. My Tahoe is the largest vehicle I have ever owned. On the few occasions that I drove one, before I was in the market, I felt like I was driving a small house. I was cross-shopping mostly Japanese 3-row crossovers but none of them spoke to me. I kept seeing the 2015+ Tahoes and was impressed by the design. Once I got my wife inside of one to see how nice they had become, we were sold.

So, for me, the Tahoe is a move to the larger, not to the smaller. I love it BTW - I got used to the size very quickly and despite how large it is I find it rather easier to understand where the Tahoe is on the road and in parking spaces than a few much smaller vehicles I've had. Better visibility, I guess.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was speaking to a local volunteer fire chief who just got a new Tahoe. He was complaining that it was too small and wished the Department had gotten a Suburban instead. He wanted mine and I offered to sell it for $55k. :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All great points herein. I grew up with many Suburban square bodies and road trips with my 2 younger brothers. Space is worth it. Having one of each now is perfect. Tahoe for me and Suburban for the wife, kids and road trips. Love them both. Would drive a Suburan any day and often request it for work rentals.

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
Next month I will purchase the '15 Yukon Denali SWB with 4WD. LWB is entirely to long for me and looks like a Hearse.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next month I will purchase the '15 Yukon Denali SWB with 4WD. LWB is entirely to long for me and looks like a Hearse.

Here is my Hearse! The hearse look is not helped by the white exterior against the black tint, and black wheel contrast!

With a large family and sports, every inches helps. Wait thats a lie, we did just fine in our minivan prior to our suburban. Still love driving it, as it's our first big truck!

IMG_1279.jpg IMG_1281.jpg IMG_1282.jpg IMG_1283.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970