DOD delete low oil pressure beat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you tune that??? And what was it doing before tuning?
And what year 5.3? Your stock values look different than mine.

I keep hearing about people tuning their VVE or running speed density.
I think I'm too scared and lazy to do that.. unless it's sooo much better?

unless you've changed stuff like a cam, or atleast exhaust. vvt won't do much for you but if you want a rabbit hole to go down, there's some new techniques to tune maf and vvt at the same time. I have watched some videos of it, but haven't tried it yet. some good stuff thou but lots of setup to spit out useful data.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, thats the rabbit hole I'm talkin about between dialing in the vve (virtual volumetric efficiency) maf, speed density, 2 bar map sensor, fueling (wideband o2) and spark..
I think I'll pass..

People seem to swear by it though...

OP
OP
D

Dod5-3-6L80e

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you tune that??? And what was it doing before tuning?
And what year 5.3? Your stock values look different than mine.

I keep hearing about people tuning their VVE or running speed density.
I think I'm too scared and lazy to do that.. unless it's sooo much better?
My values are different now. AFM and VVT delete. You program it in "camshaft" in HPtuners. I physically removed AFM and VVT and replaced the camshaft.

OP
OP
D

Dod5-3-6L80e

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sure is fun (and overwhelming!) looking at all the tables and variables.

I have been working on a transmission tune, and I'm quite happy with it just for daily driving compared to stock.
Mostly shift scheduling, I highly recommend the 2015 shift schedule as a starting point.
..currently trying to figure out what 'desired output torque factor' does..

But how do you determine how to tune the throttle follower?
Are you logging airflow/throttle position/torque output or something, or is it by feel?
And, why is 3rd gear so different from the rest? (which looks like you tweaked to be inline with the other gears)
Those pictures were before tuning. I reworked 3rd gear but the ECM learns it different over time in slow traffic. 3rd gear is typically the most used gear for me. Ive refreshed the tune a couple times. Ive logged driving but havent really used it. Its all numbers of parameters so you can see what should be changed. Sometimes something jumps out as irregular like that 3rd gear. Nice catch. Throttle position is what you want for quick response. Start the numbers sooner and ramp the numbers. Be gentle it can get very touchy very quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap