DoneDeal's DIY "Desert Tan" Paint Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking good. I like the wet look, but the more i look, i like both, wet and dry look. Also, being nosy, i like your street, w/ the hills/mountains at the end, really scenic looking. Truck fits right in. Also, like the rims that are on it now.

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love the desert tan on your truck man, reminds me of having a jeep again lol, a lot of guys painted them od green or desert tan, it was so cool and it was nice cause you dont have to care about the paint job anymore lol, i like the route you are going with your truck too, the tough, off road worthy route, its what i want to do to mine

OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate all of the feedback!

Up on deck for next week:
  • Wet sand rear tail caps
  • Install rear tail caps
  • Install rear taillights
  • Wet sand grill
  • Try to figure out how to mount grill

I purchased the truck in pieces... which sometimes makes it difficult to figure things out. The truck is a 92 and I'm trying to run the updated GMC grill, but when I just set it on there it seems the bottom doesn't have an appropriate mount to hold it forward. I've looked at the catalogs but I can't discern what piece(s) I'm missing. As it sits the bottom of the grill hits and overlaps the front fenders. I need to figure that out before mounting it permanently.

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like ur rig DoneDeal, totally different. You have a lot of options to go different directions on the build. I cant wait to see the final product. good luck man.

OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, being nosy, i like your street, w/ the hills/mountains at the end, really scenic looking. Truck fits right in.

Thanks, I really like the location. I searched all over when looking to buy a house a couple years ago and really lucked out with this one as there are barely any hills/mountains in Phoenix. The hills you see behind the truck have miles and miles of hiking trails which is also a nice bonus on top of just being nice to look at in the front and rear yards.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I really like the location. I searched all over when looking to buy a house a couple years ago and really lucked out with this one as there are barely any hills/mountains in Phoenix. The hills you see behind the truck have miles and miles of hiking trails which is also a nice bonus on top of just being nice to look at in the front and rear yards.

Like most have said already, I LOVE this truck. Keep up the great work. Mines going to be heading in the same direction at some point as yours, mines going to be flat black with a black interior. Anymore pictures of the interior?

Black Steel wheels would look perfect on your truck. IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like most have said already, I LOVE this truck. Keep up the great work. Mines going to be heading in the same direction at some point as yours, mines going to be flat black with a black interior. Anymore pictures of the interior?

Black Steel wheels would look perfect on your truck. IMO

Thanks, I'll see what I can do about the interior pics. I still have some things to button up in there, but at the same time there isn't much to see.

Black dash with aftermarket steering wheel, black carpet, grey NBS bench seats, no rear seats, bare metal. Anything specifically you want to see?

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll see what I can do about the interior pics. I still have some things to button up in there, but at the same time there isn't much to see.

Black dash with aftermarket steering wheel, black carpet, grey NBS bench seats, no rear seats, bare metal. Anything specifically you want to see?

Oh, I saw the picture of the black carpet and figured you had the interior done. I've been waiting for someone to do a black interior in a SUV to see how it will look. I'll wait till it's done, lol.