DoneDeal's DIY "Desert Tan" Paint Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TTZ06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good man. About to do mine in either green or desert camo. Keep up the good work

OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I saw the picture of the black carpet and figured you had the interior done. I've been waiting for someone to do a black interior in a SUV to see how it will look. I'll wait till it's done, lol.

It is relatively done, as in the carpet is in, seats are in, dash is in, etc (been this way for about 9 months)... I just need to button it up. Glovebox needs to go in along with a couple other misc dash pieces that were painted... it still has a bit to go though and given I don't have a rear seat or any rear panels and don't plan to add them in the future, there isn't much to see.

I'll try to get a few pics on here in the next week showing where it's at right now. I'd also like to rework the door panels at some point, though it isn't very high on my list.

Hoping next weekend I'll be able to get the exterior mostly sorted, but since I plan on putting a body kit on my Z I don't know how much time I'll have.

OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tailcaps are taking forever to cure because it got "cold" this last week in AZ. They are still a little tacky so I can't wetsand them yet.

Just for fun I measured the fender heights today.

Front: 43.5"
Rear: 41.5"

Not bad for being on little 33" tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the bodykit on the Z yesterday so haven't made any progress on the truck. I still need to figure the grill out. I'll probably take a llittle hiatus from vehicles until after the holiday because I have a lot of projects to get done around the house and vehicles have eaten my last three weekends.

I might get around to the taillights aand tailcaps today though, we'll see.

OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic of bodykit? lol

I'll get some soon. I went for a nice drive on Sunday in it, I should have brought the camera along since I stopped at some places that would have been nice for pictures.

It's raining the next couple days here in Phoenix, so it'll be a bit. Funny, I didn't think there would be any interest in the Z here whatsoever.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll get some soon. I went for a nice drive on Sunday in it, I should have brought the camera along since I stopped at some places that would have been nice for pictures.

It's raining the next couple days here in Phoenix, so it'll be a bit. Funny, I didn't think there would be any interest in the Z here whatsoever.

A plain normal looking Z, no, not interested, a Modded one, of course we are. We are all into any vehicle modded. ha ha.

This one rims, drop, headlights, etc. + body kit. yeah im interested in seeing update.
DSC04338.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junior88