Dont know much about bass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into Fi car audio. Subs are amazing and take repetitive abuse and the sound quality is great. For amps I like Kenwood but I know MTX and Clarion make some pretty good stuff.

LOUDHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into brands such as Fi, DC, Orion, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate...avoid companies such as Pyramid, Pyle, Crunch, anything on ebay...anything that is to good to be true

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vintage a/d/s, vintage ppi, vintage sansui, vintage Xtant, vintage PG (titanium or tantrum are good) PG Xenon are about the only amps I can recommend.

JL is ok, but rips in the / line is a current hog and unneeded, and they are about 100-150% overpriced.

the OLD Total line (by JL) was also very clean and very cost effective, far better than JL's actual amps!

For subs, well that depends as much on enclosure ft3 available, music type, power, and enclosure type as brand.

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of telling you what to buy Im going to tell you what not to buy. For an amp that says its 1000w the price shouldn't be $75!! Like LOUDHOE said if its too good to be true don't buy it. I like to look at stuff on crutchfield then when I figure out my setup I go and buy it somewhere else.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockford Fosgate is reliable IMO. I have a R.F amp and has never cut out once on me.I'm running a kicker L7 and like it. Cant go wrong with R.F, JL Kicker

Reaction score
I've always gone rockford fosgate subs. Would recomend kicker also. Amp wise alpine is amazing and rockford fosgate's amps are way under rated so they can be used in competion's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou