Dont know much about bass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Focal Highs and Focal Paper cone mids.. JL everywhere else imo

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scope the right MTX line and it could intrigue some Focal fans.

The MTX-TXC line? It sounds GREAT no doubt.. but i dont think it sounds better than the K2 line no way in HELL the TXC sounds better than the PolyKevlars.. it DOES edge out over the Focal Access.. but... i think the Focal PolyGlass and MTX-TXC are a coin toss.. but the Polyglass are a lil cheaper ($300 vs $350) .. and you get the name..

How about this.. im NOT.. gonne say i know for a fact that focal is the best mid/high stuff in the world.. but i AM gonna say.. that they are worth every cent they demand for them....

And who else offers a paper cone range? Because NOTHING pulls in warmth like a paper cone

Their subs suck.. too tight.. and way too long of a break in period

IMO

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a 12'' rockford fosgate T1 that have been in 3 wrecks and all cars roled over and it still backed out all the bolts in my door panels. but before you spend lots of money on a system realize that your interior will start squeeking and getting loose and bolts getting loose and the resale value on systems are shit and they take up lots of space they are annoying if your not in the mood for rap. and you spend most the time looking at your interior and when its all loose and noisy you feel like your car is a *************. im not gonna own one again unless its like a hidden 8" sub

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but before you spend lots of money on a system realize that your interior will start squeeking and getting loose and bolts getting loose and the resale value on systems are shit and they take up lots of space they are annoying if your not in the mood for rap. and you spend most the time looking at your interior and when its all loose and noisy you feel like your car is a *************. im not gonna own one again unless its like a hidden 8" sub

?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

A good system should sound great with anything you tuned it to when you built it.. i LOVE taylor swift on mine and lady gaga and Bush and Offspring as much as i do rap......

and .. a system doesnt have to take up alot of room..

youre right about resale.. if you pay retail...

sounds like you got a vendetta against systems in general..

dblover1327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit nobody mentioned sundown :(. There is alot of companys. It depends what you listen to. Jazz, rock, country i would recommend 1 12 in a sealed box so you don't have that extreme bass vs if you listen to rap/hip hop, you should pick up something louder and have a ported box for deep bass. I love my sundown amps and my incriminator audio subs but yet there are alot of companies to choose from. I would never sell my sundown amps for anything else thow!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Anyone can appreciate good sound quality. My stereo doesn't take up much space and makes driving my truck so much nicer, doesn't rattle much with 100k on it either. I tighten all the bolts on my truck and there is no reason for them to loosen up and make noise.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
The MTX-TXC line? It sounds GREAT no doubt.. but i dont think it sounds better than the K2 line no way in HELL the TXC sounds better than the PolyKevlars.. it DOES edge out over the Focal Access.. but... i think the Focal PolyGlass and MTX-TXC are a coin toss.. but the Polyglass are a lil cheaper ($300 vs $350) .. and you get the name..

How about this.. im NOT.. gonne say i know for a fact that focal is the best mid/high stuff in the world.. but i AM gonna say.. that they are worth every cent they demand for them....

And who else offers a paper cone range? Because NOTHING pulls in warmth like a paper cone

Their subs suck.. too tight.. and way too long of a break in period

IMO

You are more familiar with Focal than I.

I was just stating something that lead to a great response. The guys not knowing of Focal at all can now go to town and get a substitute with a name they know or heard of.

Tho we are talking bass...lol

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are more familiar with Focal than I.

I was just stating something that lead to a great response. The guys not knowing of Focal at all can now go to town and get a substitute with a name they know or heard of.

Tho we are talking bass...lol

I guess you DID prove the point that when it comes to highs.. sometimes money DOES translate to quality.. dollar for dollar.. but be carefull.. once youve done a nice set of ultra high end speakers.. dont plan on being happy with a pair of $70 highs again.. lol

Alot of guys on here have never heard of the Reventon aside from a few internet stories... doesnt mean its not one of the sickest cars on the road
(tol Lamborghini lp640)

Sorry for the slight detour.....

Back to bass what ever happened to Image Dynamics.... or there is a shop here local that deals in all MMATS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou