door pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some, just haven't put them in yet. I heard it's real easy though.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
Be sure to have the spring compressor tool. That's the real PITA along with supporting the door because it is soooooo heavy.

Have as much help as you can. You should also take time to prep the door/fendor so when the pins are off you don't scratch/bang the heavy @ss door on the paint.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i used a long 3/8extension with a socket on the end and then hit the pin from the bottom driving it up, be sure to take the clips off the pins, id use a floor jack with tons of padding on it and jack up the door to support the heavy load. And its common sense how the new pins good back in :)

I took all my pins off when i did my paint job, i didnt need new ones tho.

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up, I am new here and proud owner of a 00 z71 hoe. I did the pins on silverado and it was easy. I was not able to use a jack due to my truck being too high, had to use the wife. It helps out alot if you have friend with you. The hardest thing was getting the spring in. Wont take long at all.

MUDDER TRUCKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after i bought my 95 i replaced mine, and didnt solve the prob....the damn hinge it sits on was bent, the guy before me must have been a really fat guy. hope the pins fix your prob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee