Dreaded Effing lifter tap......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, got the answer from the Insurance that they won't cover it due there being a TSB about lifters in these vehicles. I figured they'd find a way out of it, just super shitry that it happened sometime in between getting hit and repaired at the body shop.

I had my friend at the dealership throw a hail Mary and put a new pushrod in and see if it was quiet......it worked! He changed the oil and now it's ready to roll again. Just not sure how long (1k or 100k?). That leads to another question: keep it and run it until something fails, or trade it off while it looks great and runs good?

It needs a trans temp sensor that fails in the harness - $1250 ( have to pull the valve body to replace). Trans service at the same time. I haven't committed to that yet, gonna let it soak a day or 2 to see what the wife and I feel about it. KBB puts it at 15 -19k private party, and about 14k trade value.

Insights welcomed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chevdenali

Latest posts