E Brake ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heelz3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to change the pads on the emergency brake? I have changed the front and rear over the years but now the ebrake goes to the floor and still is not holding very well.

Is it harder than a regular brake job?

Does anyone know how much the pads are? Does it even use pads?

Thanks,

mikeumkc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Typical e-brakes use a drum-style brake that squeezes on the inside of the rear rotars.

I bet you that the pads are not the problem in your case.

You probably have the e-brake cable stretched from using it over the years. All you probably need to do is adjust the linkage to shorten the cable up so that it engages.

OP
OP
H

Heelz3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok, can someone tell me how do you do that? I will give it a try first. This is an 03 Tahoe so the pad may also be worn down.

My problem is the brake goes to the floor and still not working. We live in the mountains so we do use the brake alot. The other thing is there is a scratching sound coming from the rear that sounds like the brake pads. I changed out the rear and its still there, then I noticed the issue with the ebrake not working right.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
It sounds like it just needs to be adjusted. I am not able to help with the how to part though. Might need a trip to the shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar