E-fan problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04 TAHOE

Reaction score
installed aftermarket e-fan with thermostat that goes in the upper radiator hose. Now have problems with air conditioner condenser staying on and blowing cold air especially at idle. Any ideas if I did something wrong or does ac need the clutch fan for some reason. Had no issues before changing fans.

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 tahoe said:
air conditioner condenser staying on and blowing cold air especially at idle
Not sure I follow you there but I am thinking you mean blowing hot air at idle. If that is the case the COMPRESSOR may not be coming on do to the temp being to high for it to run efficiently

OP
OP

04 TAHOE

Reaction score
Not sure I follow you there but I am thinking you mean blowing hot air at idle. If that is the case the COMPRESSOR may not be coming on do to the temp being to high for it to run efficiently

The engine temp is still running normal just a hair below 210, and you can hear the comp kicking on and off at idle it just stops blowing cold air when idle. Seems that taking off the clutch fan has changed this for some reason. Is the cl fan and compressor linked together when the air is on? If it is a temp problem with the compressor how do I fix that?

Thanks for any help!

TERRYCCTT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Simply put the air from your fans are not enough or not on with the ac. The condensor gets hot and raises the pressure so it turns off the compressor

OP
OP

04 TAHOE

Reaction score
Simply put the air from your fans are not enough or not on with the ac. The condensor gets hot and raises the pressure so it turns off the compressor

So I adjust the thermostat on the fan to turn on at a cooler temp and this will help the compressor?
Thanks!

TERRYCCTT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Best bet would run a relay to the ac relay for the fan to come on at the same time as the ac. The reason is high pressure in the compressor is bad. it will eventually ruin it. you can run the same trigger for the ac to the relay for the fans and it will work the same

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just use a diode so the fans don't turn on the compressor :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts