Ebay reverse camera install write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few more got posted up on ebay, i bought 1 and a buddy bought another. My screen just flashes black and his worked for about 30 seconds. Sellers sending a new screen so we'll see. Also i have a pre 03 dash so for anyone else with those a little dremel work can make this camera fit fine, i can post picks if need be. Just dremeled the casing on the included mount.

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who bought the camera a few months or years ago tell me if it still works?

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Want to know how long it'll last.

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought one.
P.S. the seller is htkautomotive just in case he runs out again or the link expires you can find him by seller name

OP
OP
dropmech

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
I've had mine for a few years now. Just now starting to get a tiny bit of moisture inside the camera itself. May be buying a new one soon. But the wiring and screen inside are doing just fine.

FreeIndeed

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the camera from this seller and then buying a $25 wireless camera kit? This cam seems to fit the dash nice and from what I can tell, the wireless camera kits just run an antenna from the video rca cable off the monitor. Should work right? That'd sure save a lot of installation time.

Faceman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This back up cam uses s-video So you would have to go from that to rca

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a cubby that they don't want from this project?

I just did mine, and I could sell someone the cubby if they want it. Its From a 2002 Tahoe

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

I drilled a hole behind the passenger side rear window vent then ran the wire inside through all the trim (they pop out with clips) then up under the dash. Wasn't too hard but took a long time and required a huge drill bit. Looks good though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V6wells