Ebay reverse camera install write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dvldogyut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, I will check into this more may wire it into my dd headunit.

AJP

Reaction score
Are these still available? I would love to have one, I tow trailers often and this would be a lifesaver.

techiedork

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey! Great write-up on the reverse camera installation. I have a question for you - I am installing one into a Yukon 1500 and the cutout in the dash trim looks just like yours. What did you do to hold the monitor in place? It looks great in your pics, but I can't tell what you used. Also, both my camera and monitor require power separately - did you run power for both from the rear tail lights, or just the monitor?

Thank you for your help!

-David

Last edited:
OP
OP
dropmech

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
As far as holding it in, the same notches that the blanks used to clip in are the same that the monitor uses to clip in. The monitor has the correct flaps around it that click into place. For the power, I tapped into the fuse box for the monitor. I can't remember which one it was. I'll try to look tomorrow. Then I just spliced into the power lead for the light in the back to power the camera.

Reaction score
Are there any part numbers, manufacturer's numbers, or names on the monitor? What are the dimensions of the monitor as this seems to be the critical part for the dash installation?

TIA

Semper Fi
B:)B

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
this is the one i got ,fits right where the onstar was,think i paid $55 shipped,works great!!!

http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/...nitor-w-back-up-color-cmos-camera-system.html

I was hoping the OP still had the product info on the thread listed product. Unfortunately posting an e-bay link is time sensitive and if a thread lasts more than a few months those links become useless.

I looked at the web page you provided and it looks like the front surround has a clear cover over it, while dropmech's system pretty much matches the color of the interior and fills the space below the register like it was OEM. Is that a ring of LEDs around the camera aperture? Do they light up every time you go into reverse?

I have a '06 Z71 Tahoe and I don't follow about the on-star button, mine are on the rear view mirror.

regards

Semper Fi

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping the OP still had the product info on the thread listed product. Unfortunately posting an e-bay link is time sensitive and if a thread lasts more than a few months those links become useless.

I looked at the web page you provided and it looks like the front surround has a clear cover over it, while dropmech's system pretty much matches the color of the interior and fills the space below the register like it was OEM. Is that a ring of LEDs around the camera aperture? Do they light up every time you go into reverse?

I have a '06 Z71 Tahoe and I don't follow about the on-star button, mine are on the rear view mirror.

regards

Semper Fi
The ring of LEDs are just infrared LEDS they have a slight red glow to them at night only when it is turned on. have to be looking at it to notice them. just like ALL infrared cameras that are everywhere nowadays.

the on star button was down below that AC vent but our later models have the tractoin control button there. i moved ours to the glove box, wires were perfect length etc. our monitor fits the hole perfectly. ive installed two now, one on our XL and one on my dads 06 silverado

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

photo1128.jpg
looks a tad crooked in this pic for some reason but its not....must be the angle i took it at. sorry its with a cell phone but u get the idea.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

and our monitors were like 35 bucks shipped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou